Who owns a LF camera?

I remember back when I worked for Sears in Chicago, I used to look after some of the catalog photography for my department. We used a commercial photographer whose studio was in the area.

Now that I think of it.... I don't know where you are. What studio was that? Have we ever met?

Pete

Now that I think of it.... I don't know where you are. What studio was that? Have we ever met?

Pete

Sorry, I don't remember the name of the studio. It wasn't yours for sure because that was back in the early 1970's and the photographer was in his 60's at the time. I'm assuming you aren't in your late 90's. It was located a couple of blocks from the then newly opened Sears Tower just off LaSalle st. It was a fairly cramped second floor studio. The poor fellow had as much merchandise to shoot there as he had equipment. I think he spent more time doing inventory management than photography. I always thought catalog photography seemed pretty dull and methodical. Little did I know that several years later I would be doing quite a bit of it myself.

Currently I'm living in Northern Indiana, about 95 miles East of Chicago, maybe about the same distance from you as the crow flies.

Sorry, I don't remember the name of the studio. It wasn't yours for sure because that was back in the early 1970's and the photographer was in his 60's at the time. I'm assuming you aren't in your late 90's.

Oh, besides that... I've never had an operation that large, or in the city for that matter. I just wondered if we may have crossed paths, maybe at PPANI or convention. Years ago, I bought some used gear at a liquidation auction in that area... a big catalog house sort of place.

Have a Toyo 45CX and a Speed Graphic. A load of lenses, such as the 90mm/8 Super Angulon, the 203mm/7.7 Ektar, the B&L Zeiss Protar Series IV which I just mounted in a shutter, a 360mm APO Nikkor, a 150mm/4.5 Schneider Xenar, a 153mm Kodak Anastigmat and a few more...

I have taken the Toyo outdoors, being that is a monorail is kinda hard to carry around. I'm looking for a compact 4x5 field camera while I use my Speed Graphic Press. Never happy, I guess...

Most reactions

Back