Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...today, I walked my dog earlier, and I was wearing jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt (not a thick shirt by any means)....

...and according to the forecast, between tomorrow and tomorrow night, we're supposed to get 6 inches or more of snow! :shock:

These storms always seems to happen on the day I work my job I have to drive an hour each way. :er:

Weather is crazy! We're getting rain and wind Friday, and I have to work outside too!

Good luck driving and be safe.

Eric.

Yeap, beautiful day today but snow by the weekend. I just enjoyed not wearing my winter coat for a couple days.

So it's already a bit icy out, and my step-dad (township road commissioner) has already closed a small bridge down in our district. ...and it's only 9am, and the storm hasn't even actually STARTED yet. At 2 I have to go to my other job....an hour drive each way. :grumpy: I won't be driving home til after dark, and long after the storm has been blowing...at 8pm.

Guess I'll have to keep a close watch on the weather...I may end up having to call in. :S

Drive safely, Corry! It was bizarre to get a call from Aubrey saying it's supposed to snow in TX today?!?! We haven't even had snow in NH yet, it's against the rules for it to snow in TX :lol:

Alison said:
Drive safely, Corry! It was bizarre to get a call from Aubrey saying it's supposed to snow in TX today?!?! We haven't even had snow in NH yet, it's against the rules for it to snow in TX :lol:

Hehe...yeah, Chase said something about that last night, too.

I must say, I get a little entertainment out of the reactions a snowy forecast gets out of people who aren't used to snow. :p

The weather here is finally letting up...for the first time in about a week...it's warmer than about -24C (-12 F)...and with the wind chill, it's been the equivalent of -40C (-40F) :shock: Exposed skin freezes in less than a minute...or something like that.

My wife works outdoors, trimming trees around power lines...and they have been shut down all week.

Even though it's a bit warmer today...it is snowing :lol:

Big Mike said:
The weather here is finally letting up...for the first time in about a week...it's warmer than about -24C (-12 F)...and with the wind chill, it's been the equivalent of -40C (-40F) :shock: Exposed skin freezes in less than a minute...or something like that.

My wife works outdoors, trimming trees around power lines...and they have been shut down all week.

Even though it's a bit warmer today...it is snowing :lol:

Yeah, well you Edmontonians are just nuts.

nuts? :playball:

The cold is invigorating...except in the morning...then it's just infuriating :lol:

Big Mike said:
nuts? :playball:

The cold is invigorating...except in the morning...then it's just infuriating :lol:

Invigorating? 40 below is invigorating???? Yeah, I think I'd call in sick to work for the entire WINTER and hide in front of the fire with about three layers of clothing on and wrapped in a comforter with a hot water bottle strapped to my back.

Doesn't matter that I don't have a fireplace...with temps that cold, I'd build a fire over in the corner.

I think that everyone should get the chance to experience what it feels like to be out in the extreme cold...but dressed up nice and warm. It's a pretty cool feeling (pun intended).

Sure it's not all that fun when you have to wait for a bus...or when your car breaks down...or won't even start....but when you only go out for a little bit...it's invigorating...just like those people who jump into frozen lakes.

Actually, the only time I've been really cold...is when I when to Oiler hockey games. I don't like paying $8 for parking...so I park outside of the lot and walk (about 10 minutes) to get to the arena. I dress warm...but last game, my eyes and forehead were exposed and darn near froze solid.

It’s 85 today, expected to be the same for the next 4 day. That’s a little warm for this time of year. The perdition is that next week we should have more normal winter temps in mid 7O’s, we have not had any extreme cold weather in the last few years I can’t recall the last time it was in the 50s

yesterday it was high 75 degrees/low 54(at night).

Today, it's a high of 45/low 27 (it's 30F right now... BRRRR)

gotta love Texas weather! :lmao:

LittleMan said:
yesterday it was high 75 degrees/low 54(at night).

Today, it's a high of 45/low 27 (it's 30F right now... BRRRR)

gotta love Texas weather! :lmao:

It's 30 degrees in San Antonio???

core_17 said:
It's 30 degrees in San Antonio???
well, 30 minutes North of San Antonio...

but yeah, it starts to get cold right about now... don't worry... it will only last a month or two. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back