Who's up for some editing?

MyNameIsChris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisammondphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for a sort of surreal look to this picture, but can't seem to get it myself. I want the look of a picture a little overdone in photomatix, but have no clue how to get it. If you would like to, feel free to edit this picture and let me know how ya did it :) Thanks in advance!

This is the picture:
cce524c4.jpg

I would but it says that your photos are NOT ok to edit, Sorry

This is what I came up with.

more contrast
slightly more saturated
duplicate layer
filter>artistic>neon glow
layer>blending options>mulitiply>opacity=30ish
layer>gradient overlay of black, pink, orange
layer>style>inner shadow>distance=0 size=50
merged and saved.

original:

cce524c4.jpg

my edit:
2654981668_5107caf094_o.jpg

May be a little over the top but what the heck.

SKY.jpg

Random mix of filters in PhotoImpact and then adjusted hue/saturation etc.

Here's mine..

cce524c4-copy.jpg

I took the easy route.. used Nik Color Effex Monday Morning Violet Filter, then Kubota LOTR Return of the King action and finally Kubota Starburst Vignette Action.

:D

Wow that is pretty awesome Parago. It looks like some noise got added but I love the colors.

Ya the noise is part of the LOTR filter, and it's adjustable but I kinda liked it :wink:

forfun.jpg

I bumped the saturation, and did an Ortan effect.....however it literally came out the same as Kimberly

Here's 'a lot overdone':

skythingie.jpg

In camera raw, bump everything (recovery, fill, blacks, saturation, brightness, contrast) to 100% and then adjust exposure.

After that I did a curves where I set the black, white and grey points and did a pretty steep contrasty-y curve. From there I did a high-pass sharpen and merge-down (40% sharpen or so).

Next, duplicate layer, Gaussian blur of 5.0 and opacity of 20%, merge down. Duplicate layer again, set blend mode to multiply, make a selection that's about 80% of the area and refine the selection to a 99 pixel feather then delete that.

After that, I ran an aggressive noise reduction (10 and jpeg on).

Probably way over the top, though :)

Last edited:
Oh I like that one, too.. :thumbup::lovey:

here is my go at it

cce524c4copyio7.jpg

I just created new layer, adjusted shadow/highlight and set that layer to overlay

Most reactions

New Topics

Back