Why do we bother?

People see some of my shots. That is why I have a smugmug account. It is one of the few things I can do that keeps me out of trouble.

I just like the sound of the mirror going up and down.

To post on TPF, of course!

Seriously though, there's nothing like putting on some headphones and going on a photography adventure...

because i have too.

Tomorrow, I'll head into lower Manhattan armed with a camera loaded with a single roll of Plus-X 120 -- a total of 12 possible exposures. I've set myself the goal of taking a photograph of a quality sufficient to enlarge, matte, frame and hang on my wall. If all goes well, it will replace a picture already hung there.

I do this as a personal challenge. Few, other than my Lady and close family members, will ever see the print. I do this because it pleases me to challenge myself. Most golfers will understand.

The camera? A Kodak Brownie Hawkeye Flash.

Two reasons:

1. The memories make it worth it.

2. The few shots I take that I can call good, make it worth it.

My reasons:

1. Memories

2. Making Art

3. Money

It's easy, fun, compliments many other activities I enjoy, and it turns out people will give me money to do it.

Photography is a hobby for me and I never made one cent from it. Instead, it makes me spend more than I should. Not many people see my pictures and I'm my own worst critic. Why I bother?

-I love photography!

-It makes me look for beauty in the world. That makes me see the world with different eyes, maybe making a nice landscape shot in a rainy day or a pleasent composition out of otherwise ordinary stuff. It makes the world seem brighter and life more interesting;

-It's an excuse to get out of the house and maybe head to places I wouldn't otherwise visit, whether it's to take pictures or maybe just visit a galery;

-There is always more to learn about photography and it gives me the feeling of continuous self development;

-Some pictures will bring back pleasant memories later;

-You only live once, so all moments you spend doing something you enjoy will certainly be well spent time of your life!

Luckily there are people in the world who bother to do things regardless of the opinion of others. That's why mankind is no longer living in stone age. :peacesign:

Yes? And then, what? Or is it impossible to achieve in the first place?

See...here is how it works....Only god is perfect, so when you achieve perfection you get promoted to a god, Since gods do not live amung mere men you have to die....That said, what does it matter after that, you're dead. :lol:

Most reactions

Back