why do you reply?

jols

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what makes you guys reply to a thread?

what makes you c/c a pic?

do you sometimes look at a thread but not reply?

very useful:lol::lol:

If I'm really tired I just lurk, which is often. It does not matter whether I find the thread interesting or the image of particularly good or poor quality.

Sometimes, if a photo is...substandard, I don't bother if someone has said my thoughts. Why pile on?

If a photo is very good but has 750375088432894832 replies, I try to move on to someone who could use a reply.

I often read the technical threads out of interest, but don't respond because I'm not qualified.

If nothing positive has been said about a photo, I try to offer a positive, yet honest, response.

Same for me, I want to be able to offer some useful advice or a different perspective than previous posters. However, I will still reply even if all I have to say is that I like it or that it's cute if it has enough impact on me. (although there are certain users who's threads I know not to do that on)

I also don't reply if I don't know how to improve the photo.

I try to reply on threads with low thread counts and I'm more likely to reply on a thread with fewer photos in it. Just hard to comment when there are 10 pictures and none of them are numbered. And also more likely to comment on a thread with an image instead of a link.

And also more likely to comment on a thread with an image instead of a link.

:thumbup: I hate links. I'm way too lazy for an extra click or two. :lol:

i agree there ajay. if a thread has more that a couple of pics sometimes i cant even be bothered to wait to see them. so i move on which i knw i must be mssing some great pics but life is short.

I'm still new to the site so I dont reply that often. I do when a particularly like a photo and even if a post has a bunch of replies i know the person who posted it will like to hear someone else say that they enjoyed the photo as well KWIM. I will lurk when there is nothing I have to add that is already said though. And i'm no way near as advanced as so many photographers here so I tend to not comment alot of the time.

meh.....I try to reply if I think I can help, which means, because I'm fairly crap myself, its usually a very needy case.
I dont reply much to cases that clearly dont need any help, which isn't ideal either.
I also limit by quantity critique, if I've done 5 in a row, I dont want to look like the big mouth that owns the damn forum, having my name up in lights 5 times in a row.
Y'know, sometimes it seems critiqueing is a thankless task, especially if your the bringer of bad tidings.
There should be a "critique a critiquers" thread
Then get some critique for the critiquers of the critique in the critiquers thread.....

I should be in local government, job creation is a fulltime occupation:mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back