Why ... I don't get it

Spidy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Why is the average person in America interested in Britney Spears life? And why do I laugh uncontrolably whe I hear someone say, "Leave Britney Alone!"? :lol::lol:

I dunno, personally I could not care less about her and to put it bluntly I am rather ashamed that stupid emo fanboyistic line has become so prevalent.

I actually have to study about her in my humanities class. She's an entire chapter!

I dunno. I feel badly for her for some reason. I can't quite explain why.

Well, I believe all the "interest" is media-induced. Like when they launch a new product, hoping to rise demand by offering something new. They print and report about her MUCH, and somehow that makes people get interested.

Or not.
Like it does not work with me at all.
I am not interested.
I'd much rather not even hear about any of the "celeb's" lives.

That said, I have of late begun to feel for her as the human being who she is. To become thus emotionally disturbed as she apparently is requires quite a large bit of sad and unhappy history of life, I think. Brought about by whatever (even herself) ... the end result is that of a person in dire need for long-term professional help.

What is is she rose to "Stardum" to damn fast and too damn early. She was not prepared for what she became. Then when she could not keep up with it, things started falling appart as they normally do. However not the she and media just won't let her dissapear into obscurity like she should be.

She is so accustomed to the attention that she just can't do with out it and goes out and does something stupid to gain the attention and of course the media blows it way out of proportion and then we never hear the end of it because of the stupid fanboys all screaming their favorite little tag line and being ridiculed for it.

Yeah she needs professional help, however celebrities are just short of impossible to keep in a facility for that help.

I'm not sure why people care about celebrities and their lives. I mean, I have to sit here and watch US Weekly and People magazine show up every week for my mom and sister, and it's pretty ridiculous what's on the cover from time to time. And I won't lie, I have glanced through People a few times, it's not that fun to read. But, when my Popular Photography and Outdoor Photographer show up, nobody gives me any trouble, so it's one of those sorts of deals. What interests me, might not interest most Americans, and what interests most Americans, might not interest me. It's unexplainable really.

my non-celebrities life is complicated and
interesting enough, so I really do not care about their life :p

There are many that aren't concerned at all...my self included

Unfortunatly, like I said, I have to study her for a week. It's funny, but everyone I talk to about this say "they couldn't care less", or they are sick of listening to reporters going on and on about her.

If that is true, then it must be the all in the media's head? I think she probably still has fans out there wanting to know all about her, otherwise, why keep up with her silly antics?

I don't think she's a good singer, let alone a good icon for young girls, but that's just my opinion.

Unfortunatly, like I said, I have to study her for a week. It's funny, but everyone I talk to about this say "they couldn't care less", or they are sick of listening to reporters going on and on about her.

If that is true, then it must be the all in the media's head?

exactly. Nooobody is interested, but those magazines fly of the shelves. By them selves? I don't think so. If really nobody wanted to see/hear about celebs, those magazines wouldn't sell. It's easy to blame the celebmedia, but that's a business too, they survive because of all those people that 'are never interested in celebs'.
I have a blog and wrote something about a celeb (for the first time), the number of pageviews went through the roof. It was very tempting to keep on writing about celebs (but I didn't). But it's easy to see how it works.

good luck with your study

pascal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back