Why is this happening in my photos?

FinnelCake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Every time I take a long exposure shot, the upper left corner of the shot is darkened. It's strange because there is no defect in that area in short exposure shots. Here is a picture showing the problem.
_IGP0054.JPG

Could it be an issue with the sensor or lens? Any help would be appreciated! The camera is a Pentax istDs with a Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 lens.

My first thought would be the lens?

Do you have a filter on the lens or lens hood, if so remove it and try again.

Then something is partially blocking the light path in the lower right corner of your camera, or there is some other issue that requires a repair.
If it only happens with that lens, the lens needs to be repaired.

The lens projects the image onto the image sensor upside down from what you see in the viewfinder or in LiveView.

Then something is partially blocking the light path in the lower right corner of your camera, or there is some other issue that requires a repair.
If it only happens with that lens, the lens needs to be repaired.

The lens projects the image onto the image sensor upside down from what you see in the viewfinder or in LiveView.
Okay, I'll sit down with my camera for a bit when I get the time and take a good look at the sensor and lens. Thanks for the help!

Does it happen on all the photos, or just long exposures?

Does it happen on all the photos, or just long exposures?
Just the long exposures, and it's only noticeable on exposures of about 20 seconds or more.

Most reactions

Back