Why is this light modifier $11,000

Looking at what it is (big umbrella in a bag), I'm wondering what justifies the price also. Maybe $1,500 would be nearer the mark at absolute tops.

Because Profoto is the most overpriced lighting equipment brand around.

i don't know if all things profoto are overpriced, but from the looks of it and various videos i've seen on that particular modifier i can't see how 11 grand is justified really

Because a fool and his money are easily separated. You say it's madness spending $11000 for a silver umbrella, I say at least there's a bit of engineering in this. Compared to say a $100 tupperware container that bolts on your lens yet produces the same results as strapping a sheet of paper to the flash.

There's overpriced **** in every industry. This one just happens to have a lot of it.

yeah i agree, it seems to be thought out pretty well and how the flash head mounts to the reflector itself seems pretty effective as it functioning as a parabolic reflector, but i'd probably rather fork over $90 for the paul c buff. version that would probably do 90% (if not more) of the things this thing can

Even if I had the money. I would never spend that much money on a reflector. Thats insane.

What would amaze me is if someone actually paid that price for one of those.

Even if I had the money. I would never spend that much money on a reflector. Thats insane.
Exactly! Hell I would be a true strobist and build one for $10 or $20 first. I know that is expensive for ghetto but the fabric is the most expensive part. The PVC is cheap.

What would amaze me is if someone actually paid that price for one of those.

Ah but they do or they wouldnt be making them.

Most reactions

Back