why nikon ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that troll must've been hungry. This is a buffet.

Anybody that sells multiple high end Canon's a week should be smart enough to see what advantages each company has without having it spoon fed to them.

Nikon's have better high ISO performance at almost every price point.

Nikon's use all their older lenses (some stuff like the 35-70 f2.8 can be had for a fraction of the price of newer lenses with pretty much the same quality). The guy that says "try that with yours" is basically saying....try and get the image quality of a $1200 for $350-400. If you are somebody who always has to have new equipment...obviously this won't matter to you.

I MUCH prefer Nikon's menu and button layout over Canon. This is a biggie for me since I spend a lot of time using the camera so it's important that I enjoy the layout.

Like I said before...if you are in the business of selling high end camera's, I would think you'd be able to figure out what reasons there might be for going Nikon over Canon....guess it says a lot that you can't and all of us can. You've clearly held and used Nikons to be able to argue your point so well....amazing that you couldn't come up with those reasons on your own.

Was taught on a Nikon, feels good in my hand and like the cam itself.
Rock what you got and don’t worry about the haters!!!
The proof is in your pics and if you like them that’s all that matters.
D300 FTW!! LOL

just because canon makes more lenses, doesn't mean they make better lenses.
You need to learn to read what is written vs what you want to read. I said nothing of the sort. You should Google "strawman argument".

pot calling the kettle black? just because you consistently bash nikon in a more sublte way, doesn't mean you're not bashing them.
I've never bashed Nikon. Saying you don't care for a feature isn't bashing, saying one or the other sucks is bashing. It's unfortunate that I have to waste my time explaining the obvious to you.

Last edited:
i think the biggie for me was the ability to use all of my lenses on all my cameras, whether it be my old 1977 fm, or my d90 i can the same lenses. with canon you have to have the latest greatest everything to use their high end lenses due to the mount switch in 85 for AF and the fact that they lack an aperture ring. i think the big reason why you see so many canons out there is because of the early digital race and the whole nikon AF fiasco of the 90's that they never bounced back from. either way its pretty much even now so it doesnt really matter as long as we all enjoy shooting.

I like Nikon because camera strong structure.The lens have strong structure.And have contrast.It can make the detail more well.Many people , say Canon that if you like to take photographs such as Portrait picture.You should use Canon and again many people say that if you like to take photographs such as landscape or Close-Up or action shot at show the detail clearly you should choose Nikon while I use I can take photographs every a kind because of a camera has can to fine setting all and the letter on a menu that reads easy , thus my camera is Nikon .:D
lovedigital.blogspot | learn digital | make money online | :mrgreen:

The camera buyer will be confused by all opinions. A technical test would be interesting.
Wonder how much I have to pay for the name "Nikon" if it is glued on a camera.
What camera I have? A Nikon, but I am still not sure if it was the best choice.

I have been in photography 5 years. Most of my friends shoot Nikon, all of my relatives have Nikon SLRs. While watching the 2008 Olympics I noticed that all the shooters were Nikon and the event was sponsored by Nikon.

Why do you shoot Canon? I'm bored and not really fussed enough to think about it. Tell me why?

I first went the way of the Nikon becuase my father was a Nikon man. 30-40 or more years ago, unless it was a Leika, a Nikon was *the* camera to have.

I stayed with Nikon because the ergonomics are far superior IMHO... it just feels SO MUCH better in my hands than a Canon. The Canon menuing system is also very lack luster compared to Nikon. Finally, there is no camera on the market that is better at rendering clean high ISO shots than the Nikon.

Now, the choice of "which is better" changes on an almost monthly basis and in the end, if you put the marketing hype aside, they are so closely balanced that there is no "one best" brand over the other. Choosing what fits YOU is more important than what fits the others. What your friends use or do not use is not important, and if you feel peer pressure due to this... time to start thinking for yourself. In the end you may or may not make the same decisions as your friends, but at least you did it yourself and were not "peer-pressured" by others just to be a member of the group. :)

Why do these threads keep popping up?

It's depressing to see so many people acting like hormonal schoolboys.

Oh, well.

:popcorn:

and canon offers WAY more lenses, u think their glass is better?

That is an inaccurate statement. I can use lenses made from the 60's to the present on my camera and if you do the same on the Canon side, I believe that number comes damn near to being identical.

Better glass... compare Canon's best to Nikon's best is a wash. They both even out.

Coca-Cola is a far superior product than Pepsi and has many more options for the end user to choose from.

I didn't know that was even up for debate?

I don't think that anything, in the end, was. However, there will always be a few on both sides of the fence needing to voice opinions and share stories and what not.

I like the squeaking camera comment. I am an adept dog trainer and my training skills are quite impressive... though try as I might, I cannot get my D700 to bark or squeak or anything so far... lol.

I like the squeaking camera comment. I am an adept dog trainer and my training skills are quite impressive... though try as I might, I cannot get my D700 to bark or squeak or anything so far... lol.
You're just not trying hard enough. I've found if you stand on your camera and jump up and down you can get some odd noises out of it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back