Why noobies and quit and why they shouldn't (Take 2)

That's actually really useful vid. Thanks for that.

Derrel, can I bug you with another question?

If you use digital now...obviously no contact sheet...how do you compare and contrast all of your digital images in a narrative?

The presenter said that a contact sheet allows you to see at a glance how you photograph. I can imagine there are benefits to laying 36 images side by side. How do you achieve the digital effect?

Lightroom by default organizes your pics as contact sheets. You then double-click a pic to bring up a larger view that you can work with.

I think one of the big things with photography is that allot of people think that if they have a background in art, they can pick up a camera and be the next Ansel Adams...

Ahhh...but the flip side is a lot of people think they can become awesome photographers without a background in art. Photography, like just about any skill really, has a technical side, and a creative side.

Only one side can be taught.

:thumbup: So true!!!

I think one of the big things with photography is that allot of people think that if they have a background in art, they can pick up a camera and be the next Ansel Adams...

Ahhh...but the flip side is a lot of people think they can become awesome photographers without a background in art. Photography, like just about any skill really, has a technical side, and a creative side.

Only one side can be taught.
Though creativity is not often taught, it can be.

I agree. But it is something that is inherent in a person, sometimes dormant and undeveloped. But you should agree this isn't always true.

I will never be a math genius. EVER. lol. No matter how many classes I take, how much I study, or practice, it is something I will never be good at.

I won't pick up a calculator and think, "I have a calculator, I can be an accountant."

Critical thinking is also something that isn't taught, or taught very well.
The internets have proven this.

I agree. But it is something that is inherent in a person, sometimes dormant and undeveloped. But you should agree this isn't always true.

I will never be a math genius. EVER. lol. No matter how many classes I take, how much I study, or practice, it is something I will never be good at.

I won't pick up a calculator and think, "I have a calculator, I can be an accountant."

Critical thinking is also something that isn't taught, or taught very well.
The internets have proven this.
HAH! I literally laughed out loud at that! I'm glad I'm alone in the office today!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back