Why oh Why

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Why is it that when shooting wildlife, the shots I like the best are inevitably the ones that are just out of focus and unusable...

:grumpy:

Because you don't use manual focus?

lol... one has to love rhetorical questions now and then.

I think asking us is asking the wrong person. You need to sit down and have a heart to heart with that deer or bird that just refuses to take direction from a photographer... but that's just my thought.

Why is it that when shooting wildlife, the shots I like the best are inevitably the ones that are just out of focus and unusable...

:grumpy:

Just took a look at your pics on flickr,.. we all should have so many "out of focus" wildlife images :er:

I think asking us is asking the wrong person. You need to sit down and have a heart to heart with that deer or bird that just refuses to take direction from a photographer... but that's just my thought.

I am not going to have a sit down with that Grizzly bear that I rushed a shot on 3 years ago. I just chalked it up on me rushing. He was going his way, and I went the opposite. :mrgreen: And left it at that. :lol: When we met, I was close enough to be breakfast, lunch, and dinner. As no way I even had a chance to get away (roughly 40', and I am so slow turtles pass me).

I am not going to have a sit down with that Grizzly bear that I rushed a shot on 3 years ago. I just chalked it up on me rushing. He was going his way, and I went the opposite. :mrgreen: And left it at that. :lol: When we met, I was close enough to be breakfast, lunch, and dinner. As no way I even had a chance to get away (roughly 40', and I am so slow turtles pass me).

This can help solve that problem.
Canon | Telephoto EF 400mm f/2.8L IS Image Stabilizer | 2533A002
:D

I have a 300 f/2.8 but I am not carrying that thing on a hike.

Out of curiousity why? The 300 isn't that heavy, I take mine on hikes in a small bag along with my 35-70 and I have my 105mm on the camera. Or did you mean you mean you wouldn't take a 400mm?

Dmitri -- I know the feeling all to well. The stuff i really don't care about is in focus and the shots I really really want just slighty off. I save them for myself, but never dare to show them to anyone else. :blushing:

Ask overread. He knows. :)

I have a 300 f/2.8 but I am not carrying that thing on a hike.

WIMP

40D + EF 400 f/2.8 L offhand
morebirds011copy.jpg

Why
Because you go back and try and try and then end up with something like these

hummingbirds08031copy.jpg

Shorebirdsandfinches058_edited-2.jpg

Florida108copy_edited-2.jpg

Bluebirdinflight.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back