Why So Blue!!!

Toffee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My printer has started printing all my photos with a blue-ish tinge, even my pictures set to grey-scale in the printer settings :confused:

It was an 'interesting' effect at first but now it's starting to drive me nuts :angry1:

If anyone has any tips on how to solve this problem, I'd be mighty grateful :hail:
(I've done a nozzle clean/check and all seems to be well at that end with nothing blocked)
PS - It's an Epson Stylus Photo R200

Have you checked there's enough ink in the printer cartridges?

I'm assuming from what you've written, that you were able to print photos that looked just like on your monitor at some stage? is that right?

Are you using a different computer with the printer?

Did you change anything, at around the time this started? ie did you get a new monitor? or replace the inks? Perhaps you put the carts in the wrong places? Other than that, not sure I'll be of much help. I hope you get it fixed tho.

You set the printer itself to print in grey scale, but it's using blue? Sounds like there is blue in the black cartridge for some reason. Are you able to take out the black and very carefully put the end of it on some paper to test? You know, just put it on the paper so it'll absorb some of the ink from the cartridge. If it's black then for some reason your printer isn't using solely black when it should be. Call to Epson then?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back