Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey All,
I'm looking at getting a very wide angle Medium Format or Large format camera.

I was looking at Widelux and Horizon's but I've heard the horizon's aren't very sharp... and I think the widelux's are expensive but I can't remember their prices.

What about something like a 5x7 view camera? What sort of Field of view do they have?

Any ideas on any other widelux type cameras out there?

Meysha,

What sort of angle of view do you require, and what is your rough budget? Do you want a panoramic format, or a normal format?

In MF there are many 6x17 cameras, like the Fotoman 617, and some 6x24 cameras, like the Fotoman 624.

By and large those types of cameras and LF view cameras use lenses that have a maximum field of view that roughly corresponds to 14 mm or 15 mm on full-frame 35 mm. With 4x5 the shortest lens I can think of is 47 mm, which is equivalent to about 12 mm on 35 mm. Not all view cameras are usable with such wide lenses.

There is also the MF Seitz Roundshot and the Noblex, if you are interested in rotating cameras or swing-lens cameras.

Best,
Helen

There's also the Graflex XL-W to consider, if you aren't going to always be shooting panoramas.

Most reactions

Back