Wife's first trial shoot

bbbflash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pohlerphotography.wix.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys. I would like some CC for the photos my wife took yesterday. It was our first photo shoot that focused on portraits.
0c30c98954dedd98c6eb89f61ab87caa.jpg
dad6dd2dc55c0aa7fde7f39ffd7984f7.jpg
128a7da6c87aa57259c14331bb1d987a.jpg
27b6844f9c11649538592655367b7a33.jpg
ede38f9179d7f0704d857f2683db6a1a.jpg

What I do - photo

#1 is a very nice portrait. The sun flair kind of balances with the brightly-illuminated child's hair. It would be better is she was looking into the lens.

I like the first one though my eyes keep bouncing between the bright clump of grass and the bright area of her hair.
I like the third, which is unusual as I'm not really a fan of these types of crops.
Cute calf.

What sweet and cute kiddos you have there! You went out at the perfect time of day and got some beautiful lighting on these.

I think number one could stand for some fill light. (Reflector or flash) and some weed trimming for the grass hitting her chin.

I am not a big fan of the crop on the last two, but that's personal preference I suppose.

My biggest issue in these is actually the wardrobe. I keep asking myself why in the world the kids are wearing swimsuits in the middle of a field and with a cow. It just doesn't make sense to me and it makes the series feel a bit disjointed IMHO.

I like the B&W of the girl, the cattle, and the plants we called "rat-tails". Rat-tail blooms can be "shot" by picking the stalks, bending the butt portion over about 2 inches up from the bottom, then folding it over the main stalk below the seed pod or head, and then the stem pulled back toward your left eye, while the right hand holds the folded-over butt portion over the main stem and sort of slides that forward as the stem is being snapped backward; it's sort of a slingshot-like snapping motion!; when done right, the head of the rat-tail goes flying through the air up to about 15 feet distant, and hits your sibling in the face!!! it works better with smaller rat-tails!

These kids are a friends and had literally just walked up from the river that runs through their property, so that explains the swimsuits. This wasn't actually a planned thing so the kids didn't know they were having their photos taken and they are crazy at the best of times. Thanks everyone for the feedback

What I do - photo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back