"Wild" Life

phototard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not so much wildlife, but you get the idea.

All comments, positive and negative encouraged, I'm trying to get better at this photography thing.

Merecat.jpg

redfoxBW.jpg

redfox.jpg

looks like the fox is out of focus, like his expression though. the meerkat is a neat capture too

I agree with Harvey - first and the last are great expressions - in the first its a shame that the light as pushed the right eye into darkness - only using flash for fill might have helped there - for the third focus - looks like you caught the tree and missed the fox - out of interest what focusing mode were you using?

As for the second shot I don't know if I like it or not - I really can't tell

Always interested in what the camera and settings are.

I used auto focus on all 3.

and I dont recall the camera settings but I'm pretty sure there is a way to figure it out from the original copies on my computer. Sorry for the noob-ism but how do I figure that out?

Thanks for the comments

For photo settings right click on the photo file - go to properties - then go to the details tab. Scroll down and the info should be listed there.
Also for auto focusing read in your manual about selecting indevidual autofocus points - many wildlife and action photographers use af but only have the middle AF point active - that way they track the subject with that and can keep AF where they want it - it helps stop the camera going for the closest thing which it tends to do when all the points are active (as in your last fox shot)

For photo settings right click on the photo file - go to properties - then go to the details tab. Scroll down and the info should be listed there.
Also for auto focusing read in your manual about selecting indevidual autofocus points - many wildlife and action photographers use af but only have the middle AF point active - that way they track the subject with that and can keep AF where they want it - it helps stop the camera going for the closest thing which it tends to do when all the points are active (as in your last fox shot)

That makes sense, I find myself fighting with the left and right af points all the time. Thanks for the input!

Here are some of the settings, ISO is always 200

1st photo : f/5.6
exp 1/500 sec

2nd Photo: f/5
exp 1/400 sec

3rd photo: f/5.6
exp 1/500 sec

I downloaded some software from Panda. It's free. You can right click on any picture and get the EXIF information. I say any, depends if the info has been removed. I have learned a lot using it.

There are also plug-ins for FireFox that show EXIF data. Always useful...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back