Wind and clouds

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A recent sky full of very 3D "fair weather" clouds seemed the right backdrop for a shot of some Lincolnshire wind turbines.

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/08/appreciating-clouds.html

Fair-Weather-Clouds-and-Turbines.jpg

Just fantastic. Lots of highlighted whites and not a single overexposed pixel.

(I just added a visit to a wind farm to my schedule. Thanks for the inspiration :))

Thanks Invisible and Clupica. I'd have loved a second shot with a person bottom right looking very small against the turbines and the big sky, but I was alone that afternoon.

Regards, Tony

Wow, such an amazing shot, this is really great, and no burnt out whites =)

cool shots! i was wondering how one photographs wind. when the picture loaded i understood! neat!

Lovely shot. I love the way the clouds carry my eyes as if they were riding the wind.

Thanks Arran, Janet & Don. Regarding the sky, I underexposed for it, and brought the land and sky back to where they were separately in PP.

Regards, Tony

i love how sharp it is through out the entire photograph; from the front to the back you can see each cloud perfectly. great shot!

would make a great stock photo

Makes me want to take a trip to our nearest wind farm, oh wait thats Atlantic City.....Don't think it will look so nice..

Great Shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have loved a second shot with a person bottom right looking very small against the turbines and the big sky, but I was alone that afternoon.
Wouldn't that have been cool? But the shot as is, is wonderful. I too am awed at how well you exposed for the whites. And the patterns/lines in the fields fascinate me too

Never thought someone could make wind farms look quite so beautiful!! Wow . . .

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back