KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I snapped this photo looking southeast while parked on the side of Newby Avenue - 41°55'23.4"N 92°58'49.9"W

WindmillsinSunshine.jpg

"Just then they came in sight of thirty or forty windmills that rise from that plain. And no sooner did Don Quixote see them that he said to his squire, "Fortune is guiding our affairs better than we ourselves could have wished. Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them. With their spoils we shall begin to be rich for this is a righteous war and the removal of so foul a brood from off the face of the earth is a service God will bless."

"What giants?" asked Sancho Panza.

"Those you see over there," replied his master, "with their long arms. Some of them have arms well nigh two leagues in length."

Actually the clouds were moving pretty fast from north to south.
I got this shot on my 3rd stop.

I took about 4 shots on my first stop before the cloud's shadow covered the nearer windmills. I also had to stand on the roof of the car to get up above the top of the corn.
I jumped back in the car and high tailed south on the road to get ahead of the moving cloud shadow - like 70 mph.
Newby Avenue is an up and down, dirt and gravel road and my car was kind of just floating along on top of the gravel.

At stop #2 I only got 2 shots. Back in the car high tailing south on the road to get ahead of the moving cloud shadow - like 70 mph.
At stop #3 I was able to pull off the east side of the road, just open the door and stand on the bottom of the door opening, and get 4 more shots.

On the way back I took a different route and on Oaks Avenue I had to stop quick and just step out of the car to get this looking the other way, to the northeast:
2014CornHarvest.jpg

You sound just like me a year ago! I would run and gun, snapping anything I happened to spot. I would dart from one shoot to another like a wild man! It hurts too much now to do it anymore. But man, did I have fun breaking in that new 7D and learning how to use it, mainly in the fast lane!!

Most reactions

Back