wireless flash

rppaint

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I bought a wireless flash for my pentax k200d but it will only fire when the one on the camera does. Is there any way around this, or do I just have to cover it up?

I bought a wireless flash for my pentax k200d but it will only fire when the one on the camera does. Is there any way around this, or do I just have to cover it up?
You bought a optical slave flash and it only fires if it senses the light from another flash. No way around it unless you get wireless triggers.

because its optical so it triggers when it sees the other flash.

its not optical, the transmitter is built into the camera

yes there is an optical receiver in the lens. what is the model of the flash?

pentax af-360fgz

The sensor is under the red part and when it sees the pretty bright flash of the camera it triggers itself. If you want to do it without using the pop-up flash you would have to get a wireless transmitter, ex. Cactus Triggers, Pocketwizards.

then what is the channel setting for?

Like it's been stated here, your flash is an optical slave and is using infrared light (IR) to get a command from your camera flash in order to fire. You have channels so as to power a number of different off-camera flashes at different power settings. But, make no mistake, those channels are still using IR to fire the flashes. As it was stated above on this thread, the only way to get around this is to use radio receivers like the Pocketwizards.

ok thank you all for your input. I know this is hard to believe, but the salesman lied to me when i bought the flash!:grumpy: I had asked him about transmitters and he said that with this flash I didn't need one! Now i see that i do and will not buy anything from him again! Sorry for being so stubborn:blushing: I hope u will still help me in the future.:hail:

creve coeur camera

Most reactions

New Topics

Back