Wish I could get out of Dodge

lvcrtrs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, the hunker down is in effect once again. The town called a snow emergency yesterday for today through Sat am getting ready for the 3rd Feb storm. The local university closed down. Almost scary since it's 2:45p and it's just starting to do something out there. News tells us to not get too comfortable with what we are not seeing out there. Despite the fact that it rained on me for 3 days in FL, I'd like to hop an airplane and head back down. Oh, airlines are already cancelling flights as well. Next month - March Winds and it will be trees coming down instead of snow.

Planeinairatnight7963resized1000.jpg

Planelanding7966resized-1.jpg

Planelanding7967resized1000.jpg

I like number one for the overall view of the city but I like number two for the feeling of movement.

I like #2. Good feeling of movement, and the wing-let or whatever it is the airlines call that fuel efficiency booster looks kind of cool on the end of the wing. I have shot a few similar landing sequences at night, and it's tough to get great shots flying so fast,so low, and with such poor fwd. visibiklity and those small aircraft windows.

I read last week that the Feds have told the airline that long tarmac delays will result in fines of $27,500 PER passenger onboard!!!!! Wow! So, now the airlines are very much more willing to simply cancel flights, rather than risk long tarmac waits due to weather or any other unforseen factors.

This sure has been a snowy year....Feb 12 there was snow on the ground in 49 of 50 states.

Most reactions

Back