Women's March, L.A.

carlos71786

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

I jumped on the metro on Saturday morning to try and get some shots at the Women's March. I'll only post 2.

Would really appreciate feedback, as I am making a concerted effort to get out and shoot more, so I can get better.

Thanks!

31638749923_547e864548_b.jpg

32340478412_8cb1863a90_b.jpg

Yeah, nice. Some of the first ones I've seen that make this look like a protest...the B&W helps I think.

Thanks for the feedback.

B&W is definitely the way to go with these pics. Color would only distract from the message. I like them

Shooting crowds is always tough--easy to just end up with pictures of a bunch of heads. So finding ways to get higher...or looking for breaks in the crowd so you can focus on interesting individuals...or finding some kind of unifying theme or pattern in the crowd...are all things to look for.

I like both shots but I'd crop them a bit more. First one with the sign--the sign and man are compelling but it looks like a lot of people wandering around--I think it's a better shot if you crop with a portrait mode to the sign and man (and lose some of the crowd). On the second one, the bright sky tends to immediate draw the viewer's eye--I'd crop to cut some of it out so it's almost more of a panorama shot of the crowd--I think that would emphasize more of what the picture is trying to say...."wow, what a big and diverse crowd!"

I see too many "bad" photos of these marches. First one is good Unfortunately people like that guy just looking around smoling aort of distract from the tone given by the sign. But i suppose that gives some context to this part of our history and the way some people view it idek. Just too good pictures all around. Best as a pair

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back