Worst Movies

hobbes28 said:
core_17 said:
Bokeh said:
My favorite accents are:

1) North Carolina - I just LOVE to hear Mrs. Walton talk!! Could listen to that all day
2) Ireland/Scottland
3) Germany

I think the better accent out of the two Carolinas would have to be South Carolina...anyone agree? ;)

Sorry I'm late... Of course I agree and I'm sure there are a few more people we all know that will agree as well. :D

Hands down....I work with people from NC all day, coming home to a SC voice is a refreshing change.

Worst Flicks?

The Thin Red Line - i'm surprised i didn't nod off!! :lol:

2 Fast 2 Furious - My impression of a 'pimp' is a guy that wears a purple suit with animal skin lining, large full-brim hat and a walking cane that 'rents' out females to guys who have to pay to score - Big Chrome wheels, lurid paint and too many stickers on a small Jap box racer is NOT 'pimp'. :x

Fave Accents:

South Africans - Love em' to bits! :mrgreen:
New Zealanders - Dutto! *bad pun*
Irish, Scottish and English accents. :)

South African sample: "Yees theey awwl come tu Seeth Aeefrica weer they awwl git big und fett!" :lol:

Bokeh said:
AlisonS said:
Hands down....I work with people from NC all day, coming home to a SC voice is a refreshing change.

Alison,

Why do you hate Mrs. Walton?

I don't hate Mrs. Walton.... I just love Mr. Hobbes :)

Heh heh...I was gonna pop on and say almost that exact thing for you...Really...almost word for word! Weird! :) But I figured I'd let you speak for yourself!

I've been known to be good with words from time to time....

For me the worst movie ive seen is the adam sandler one, Punch drunk love.

THE WORST MOVIE IN ALL TIME.

About half an hour into it I was tempted to walk out and get my money back, but I thought I might be past the half an hour limit due to previews to get my money back and I was hoping the movie would get better. It didnt.

AlisonS said:
I don't hate Mrs. Walton....

Would you like her better if she was from SC?

waltons.jpg

Maybe we could buy you this shirt?

haterade1.jpg

I thought A Perfect Storm was alright, once the rain started that is. It takes a couple of hours though.

Bokeh said:
eromallagadnama said:
Not even in Notting Hill??? He's a bit dorky, but still a cutie :wink: Gotta love the accent too...

I digress here but... I hope I don't offend anyone from England with this; it's kind of like the "my favorite color thing," but I don't like english accents. It sounds so snooty. My favorite accents are:

1) North Carolina - I just LOVE to hear Mrs. Walton talk!! Could listen to that all day
2) Ireland/Scottland
3) Germany

My least favorite accents that rub the wrong way:

1) Anything from the middle east, like iran, iraq, etc.
2) England
Now, when you say English accent, do you mean North, South, West, Essex, Devon, Yorkshire, Manchester, Liverpool, East London, any one of the countless others. Or the posh one used by actors in films that represents about 2% of the country? This country may be tiny, but we have a huge range of accents and languages. People five miles away can sound completely different from each other.

I'm sorry, but you've wound me up here. It's like me making a post on here saying all Americans are fat, stupid and marry their cousin (yes, I know we do say that, but we're joking and know it isn't true). How do you think the forum would react if one of us did that?

Digital Matt said:
Has anyone seen Dolemite? It's so bad, it's actually good, if not great! It has come full circle.

"Way down in the jungle deep..."

"I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and f@ckin' up motha f@ckas is my game! "

OH yeah I've seen Dolemite and Human Tornado and Disco GodFather...Rudy Ray Moore is one crazy badazz mofo. :wink:

ferny said:
Now, when you say English accent, do you mean North, South, West, Essex, Devon, Yorkshire, Manchester, Liverpool, East London, any one of the countless others. Or the posh one used by actors in films that represents about 2% of the country? This country may be tiny, but we have a huge range of accents and languages.

I mean the hugh grant type accent...

ferny said:
I'm sorry, but you've wound me up here. It's like me making a post on here saying all Americans are fat, stupid and marry their cousin (yes, I know we do say that, but we're joking and know it isn't true). How do you think the forum would react if one of us did that?

Except i'm not stereotyping like that; like I mentioned a couple of times, it's like my favorite color vs. someone else's, everyone likes the way different accents "sounds" compared to others. No offense intended.

i've seen a couple of movies on ther that I loved but rather then deffend those movies I thought I would just post some that I hated.
Jeepers Creepers
dumb and dumber
biker boyz
going overboard
Scorpion king
and I'm sure I'll post plenty more later.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back