would appreciate some feedback

#1 is underexposed and I don't know what the main subject is.
#2 is underexposed
#3 is underexposed and there is something wrong with the sky.

yeah, they are all underexposed, but I have a question:

was the area you were shooting at radioactive? so much so that it created a white aurora emanating from objects within it -- like the flag and sign?

your right didn't notice last night when editing on my laptop. on my desktop monitor they are clearly underexposed. I was playing around with the adjustment brush in Lightroom that's why they have the weird lines and sky, just kinda trying weird effects but it wasn't so prominent on my laptop. As for the subject in the first one its a cut out of long island but looking back I guess if you don't know what it is it just looks like some weird shape. was going for an artsy look in them, which is something I've never tried, and kind of went overboard. 2 notes don't edit after a night of drinking and don't ever edit on my laptop lol. besides the exposure and color effect is there anything decent in there? If not and they totally suck that's fine lol if you don't try new things you'll never learn. Id rather try and get ripped on rather than not try anything different at all.

I think where you failed is in your editing, which is very common when beginning photography. Getting it right in the camera can be hard. Your composition is decent and your 2nd and third images are interesting enough to tell a story.

It started with your images being underexposed which leads to an editing process that ends with an obvious attempt to fix mistakes. There's nothing wrong with cleaning up images in post production, but getting it right in the camera is the best start.

My observation is that all of your subjects are centered in your compositions. Sometimes that works, but usually doesn't. It's not always the right answer, but "rule of thirds" is usually a good place to start. Settle down with that brush tool, too!

The selective brightening of the flag is really hard to overlook. You can see the halo. Did you shoot in RAW? Go back to the RAW file and raise your exposure from there.

Yes, much better, certainly!

BTW: you are posting some huge files. Save them smaller before you post them, please. Thanks.

The selective brightening of the flag is really hard to overlook. You can see the halo. Did you shoot in RAW? Go back to the RAW file and raise your exposure from there.

I know. I did but in my drunken stupidness last night I didn't eject my external hard drive properly and now all the raw files are gone was only like 70 pics but still. that's why I couldn't fully fix the sky on the other either.

These aren't loading completely but at least the first one to me means you're seeing something interesting to photograph (seeing the sign in a different way). If you hope to ever do any work in photography, or even if it ends up being a hobby, get out with your camera and learn how to get proper exposures. It's going to take practice and learning. You need to love it to spend enough time at it to get really good at it.

I know. I did but in my drunken stupidness last night I didn't eject my external hard drive properly and now all the raw files are gone was only like 70 pics but still. that's why I couldn't fully fix the sky on the other either.

I suggest you go back and try to get this one again if you can. I'm guessing the flag and the sky will still be there on the next slightly breezy day. Now that you have some critiques on how the first attempt went, try again to get it right in the camera instead of trying to recover this one in post when you don't even have the raw file anymore.

I suggest you go back and try to get this one again if you can. I'm guessing the flag and the sky will still be there on the next slightly breezy day. Now that you have some critiques on how the first attempt went, try again to get it right in the camera instead of trying to recover this one in post when you don't even have the raw file anymore.

Yea, I planned on going back soon again anyway. still extremely mad at myself. wish I never even looked at the pictures last night

Most reactions

Back