Would you buy a refurbished lens?

Many photo shops sell used equipment that has been checked out by their repair tech. Some offer a warrantee of sorts. If the lens is of a current vintage, you can weigh the savings against the cost of shipping it back for repair if necessary.

I have bought secondhand lenses but to be quite honest the price of a secondhand lens these days is so high compared to the price of a new lens that I'd rather pay the little bit extra and buy new.

I'm guessing you are talking about purchasing from a dealer or a retailer since a used one is intimately associated with the previous owner.

I would trust a refurbished lens over just a plain used one. As mentioned earlier, it has been put through it's 123 point inspection and come out as a good product, if certified.

I don't have a problem with buying a used lens either if I can physically inspect and use it myself or have it inspected by a technician or if the price is just too damn good to pass up (read > $100USD).

I'm not really convinced by "refurbishment" as usually all this means is a cursory glance to see if it works and a quick cleaning.

I would definitely go for used or refurbished lens if the price difference where I live was big enough to bother. Or it is just me not good enough to find any tempting offers.

I would definitely go for used or refurbished lens if the price difference where I live was big enough to bother. Or it is just me not good enough to find any tempting offers.

That's exactly what I said. I remember an old saying "i'm too poor to buy cheap things".

Yeah, I would. Sometimes you caneven find em for less than 80%.

Only if that particular lens is hard to find, otherwise no.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back