Would you recommend for starting out with a DSLR?

aprillove20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have no experience with either of these cameras - My SLR was a Nikon and my others are point and shoot.
Does anyone use these? Would you recommend for starting out with a DSLR?

Sorry, but I can't read your mind, I'd suggest you buy the best you can afford in the nikon range as your lenses will fit the DSLR too. H

I have no experience with either of these cameras - My SLR was a Nikon and my others are point and shoot.
Does anyone use these? Would you recommend for starting out with a DSLR?
Which cameras? What do you like to photograph?

When it comes to dSLR cameras, lenses are more important than camera bodies.

Start with the best you can afford. If that means you can afford the pro $5300 Nikon D3s and a couple of nice pro $2000 lenses.......

If that means you can afford the pro $5300 Nikon D3s and a couple of nice pro $2000 lenses.......
Too bad you couldn't get ahold of one right now if you wanted to anyway. :confused:

A great starting DSLR for a begginner moving from point and shoot to more advanced is something like a canon 1000d/ eos rebel xs, its a great camera for starting out and is only about 400-500$:D

We see at least 50 of these threads every week and the people that ask them never stick around... Is google really that hard to use??

Anyway, thanks guys for all your comment. And thanks to you Holyroly1 for your suggestion and I really appreciate it.

I think that If you liked to used the camera as the profession then You will have get fuji camera, I have noticed that Most of the people have used fuji camera for their profession. It had been mega pixel camera. So You will have take good graphics result through it.

I think that If you liked to used the camera as the profession then You will have get fuji camera, I have noticed that Most of the people have used fuji camera for their profession. It had been mega pixel camera. So You will have take good graphics result through it.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ya thats why you see all those white lenses at sporting events.... and why NASA uses fuji..... O wait those are Canon's at sporting events and Nikons up on the space shuttles.....

Stick with Canon or Nikon.

Ya thats why you see all those white lenses at sporting events.... and why NASA uses fuji..... O wait those are Canon's at sporting events and Nikons up on the space shuttles.....

Fuji pro cameras are based on a Nikon body(all of them) so imo your getting the best of both worlds, fuji's colour rendition and dynamic range is excellent, the camera buffer is a bit slow but for wedding photography if your not a machine gunner they are an excellent tool and can be had for a lot less outlay than a similar nikon or canon body. H

I really love the Sony DSLR A700. It has amazing features, beautiful quality, a decent range of lens options, a large viewing screen, and much lighter body then the A300 model.

Fuji pro cameras are based on a Nikon body(all of them) so imo your getting the best of both worlds, fuji's colour rendition and dynamic range is excellent, the camera buffer is a bit slow but for wedding photography if your not a machine gunner they are an excellent tool and can be had for a lot less outlay than a similar nikon or canon body. H

Interesting point... but to say most professionals use them.... thats a little off IMO haha

Interesting point... but to say most professionals use them.... thats a little off IMO haha

Hey...didn't you know...

Fuji > Hasselblad

Reading thru these plus/minus's on each camera very helpful,t hanks.

Most reactions

Back