Would you wear a smartwatch?

I'll be getting an Apple watch for a few reasons. As a motorcycle rider, it seems like it would be super handy. Also, I'm a nerd. They made it looks pretty classy for a gadget. Also, the idea of being able to send my buddies my heartbeat via haptic feedback just seems like a super awesome, not gay at all way of staying in touch. :1247:

I have absolutely no need for nor interest in a smartwatch. It would be wasted on me.

I'm the same as Runnah in that I don't ever wear a watch either and often times I don't take my phone with me either. I didn't get a smart phone until last spring and I still don't really like it. Communications and time just aren't very high on my priority list.

no interest also

Also, the idea of being able to send my buddies my heartbeat via haptic feedback just seems like a super awesome, not gay at all way of staying in touch. :1247:

Maybe just a little.

I've been trying to rationalize getting one since the Samsung watch came out. I'm still contemplating it but since I tend to wear my watches more as a fashion accessory than a necessity I just don't know if it'd be worthwhile.

Yeah I've never been a fashion type of guy. So I really can't tell the difference between a Rolex and a Casio.

I'm planning to get one... but I'll still keep my other watches for different occasions as well.

Ya know, if you have a smart phone, and a smart TV and a smart watch, they all get together at night while you're sleeping and talk about how dumb you are...................

Ya know, if you have a smart phone, and a smart TV and a smart watch, they all get together at night while you're sleeping and talk about how dumb you are...................

Who has time to get together at night??!?!?! We're all to busy finding charging cables/outlets for our phones, watches and tablets.. My kids are used to getting tucked into bed by a txt each night :)

I'm ordering one for each wrist hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm planning to get one... but I'll still keep my other watches for different occasions as well.
How many freakin watches do you have?

As if the world isn’t insular and droney enough with everybody staring at their phones all day, now we have iWatches to provide a workaround for the gadget-addict who still harbors a modicum of old-school social etiquette and feels rude openly reaching into a pocket or purse every 30 seconds for a “smartphone” to drool on. Simply glance at the ol’ wrist, and the other living/breathing humans in your midst won’t even realize you’re ignoring them and checking Facebook. Everybody wins!

I imagine the watch/phone combo will add up to more than the sum of its parts in this respect, as everybody farts around with their phones AND their watches together, trying to get them to interact with each other in myriad whiz-bang ways. Progress, baby. Let us continue on our relentless hunt for non-existent questions to address with our stylish new technological answers (“Dude, now I can open my dishwasher with my wristwatch! How did I ever live without this?”).

So… bah, humbug, I guess. I won’t be strapping a $400 iPod Nano to my wrist in the foreseeable future.

Sometimes I feel like Apple should bring back the Pet Rock, slap an “i” in front of the name, and watch people line up to buy it.

Watching too many Twilight Zone episodes lately?

I'm with several others who don't wear any kind of watch, so its intelligence is irrelevant to me.

As if the world isn’t insular and droney enough with everybody staring at their phones all day, now we have iWatches to provide a workaround for the gadget-addict who still harbors a modicum of old-school social etiquette and feels rude openly reaching into a pocket or purse every 30 seconds for a “smartphone” to drool on. Simply glance at the ol’ wrist, and the other living/breathing humans in your midst won’t even realize you’re ignoring them and checking Facebook. Everybody wins!

I imagine the watch/phone combo will add up to more than the sum of its parts in this respect, as everybody farts around with their phones AND their watches together, trying to get them to interact with each other in myriad whiz-bang ways. Progress, baby. Let us continue on our relentless hunt for non-existent questions to address with our stylish new technological answers (“Dude, now I can open my dishwasher with my wristwatch! How did I ever live without this?”).

So… bah, humbug, I guess. I won’t be strapping a $400 iPod Nano to my wrist in the foreseeable future.

Sometimes I feel like Apple should bring back the Pet Rock, slap an “i” in front of the name, and watch people line up to buy it.

Preach!
:trink39:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back