WTB: Nikon 70-300 VR or similar

ahtoxa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Will consider other alternatives, too. Looking for a lens that's going to get me faster AF than the 55-300 I currently have. More focal length in the similar price range is OK, too.

Sorry, not selling mine. More focal length in the same price range is difficult, for about twice the price you might find one of the 150-600mm zooms.

Will consider other alternatives, too. Looking for a lens that's going to get me faster AF than the 55-300 I currently have. More focal length in the similar price range is OK, too.

Not a lot of options in that price range for longer focal length. An older 80-400mm without the built in focus motor is usually in the $500 or so range, but it won't autofocus on cameras that don't have a motor built into the body, plus the AF is generally regarded as being pretty slow. Sigma made a 150-500 that you can usually get used now in about the $500 or so price range. Both of these of course will be much bigger and heavier than a 70-300mm VR.

Tamron makes a really good 70-300mm VC that you can usually find used for right around $200. It's a thumping good lens.

I didn't say I was looking in the same price range as the 55-300 though. I know that a lens with faster AF will be pricier.

Just wanted to put it out there if someone has anything similar to sell.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back