WTB: Nikon D80/D60/D40 +/- Lens

kmkzbdon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I am looking to pick up a D80 first and foremost but would also settle with a D40 or D60. I would prefer a box and manuals to be included but isn't absolutely necessary and I would prefer if the body is in good condition. I am also looking to pick up an 18-55mm and 55-200mm lens VR or non VR versions.

Thanks,
Brandon

Hi, I am looking to pick up a D80 first and foremost but would also settle with a D40 or D60. I would prefer a box and manuals to be included but isn't absolutely necessary and I would prefer if the body is in good condition. I am also looking to pick up an 18-55mm and 55-200mm lens VR or non VR versions.

Thanks,
Brandon

I got a like new D40 with both of those lenses (non VR), and a "body armour" rubber body protector. All is in new condition, not used much at all. I'm looking to move up in cameras, so how much are you willing to spend? I may be willing to sell it for the right price!

i have a D40x with an 18-55

Thanks,
Brandon

what do you mean by "settle" with a D40 or D60 when they are better cameras than the D80? I am confused - larger model number does not mean better or newer camera!

Hi Chip, I am well aware that Nikon's numbering system is weird and that the D80 is not newer then the D40 or D60. But also just because they are newer doesn't automatically make them better cameras. Sure they may have added some features to the D60 that the D80 doesn't have, but the D80 also has a lot of features that the D60 lacks or has features that the D80 is superior in. I think you will find a lot of people that will argue that the D80 is a better camera then the D60 and vice versa, it depends on the user.

Thanks,
Brandon

what do you mean by "settle" with a D40 or D60 when they are better cameras than the D80? I am confused - larger model number does not mean better or newer camera!

I agree, model numbers doesnt mean anything and I rather have a D60 than a D80.

i have a D80 with 18-55VR lens.

Wow... I'm putting my boots on, it's getting deep.

Having actually OWNED and USED all of these models (D40, D60, D80) I can say the D80 definitely stands out from the others feature wise. Whether or not you need/will use those features is a very individualized choice.

Technically the D80 beats the pants off the other two, however that's not always what the end user needs or wants.

D80 offers wireless commander mode, the others do not.
D80 offers dual command dials, the others do not.
D80 offers more direct control buttons, the require going into the menu system.
D80 is compatible with a factory grip, the others are not.
D80 can auto focus non AF-S lenses, the others can not.

The advantage of the D40 is 1/500th flash sync and smaller size.

Personally, I love them all...

Damn, sorry for the long winded post with nothing to sell but a lens...

Last edited:
Wow... I'm putting my boots on, it's getting deep.

Having actually OWNED and USED all of these models (D40, D60, D80) I can say the D80 definitely stands out from the others feature wise. Whether or not you need/will use those features is a very individualized choice.

Technically the D80 beats the pants off the other two, however that's not always what the end user needs or wants.

D80 offers wireless commander mode, the others do not.
D80 offers dual command dials, the others do not.
D80 offers more direct control buttons, the require going into the menu system.
D80 is compatible with a factory grip, the others are not.
D80 can auto focus non AF-S lenses, the others can not.

The advantage of the D40 is 1/500th flash sync and smaller size.

Personally, I love them all...

Damn, sorry for the long winded post with nothing to sell but a lens...

...and you are keeping your lens...

I have had D40, D50, D70, D80, and D200 for some period of time, at least long enough to have an opinion about.

To me, the D200 is not worth the extra money over the D80, but the D80 blows the others in the list out of the water.

I currently have a D80 and a D40, my two favorites, may consider D90 when used prices drop considerably, like to around $500.00.

But in Atlanta, asking prices for D40 are even rising somewhat.

Thrilled with my D80 and my lowly (as some poeple consider it) D40.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back