Yellow flowers

DwainDibley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this picture on a break from work, apart from it being slightly dark I really quite like it! Need to try to brighten it or play with the levels in Photoshop when I get some time, but this is how it came out the camera.

857771359_9c20eac332_b.jpg

nice shallow DOW, but as you say quite underexposed ... without any reasons since there are no highlights in the image. Maybe also whitebalance is a bit off... but that can only be judged after brightening it up.

although many blossoms, they appear a bit ordered, like a square in the middle , some on the diagonals ... and some more in the lower part.

just a quick go in photoshop (auto contrast ;) , and slight sharpening)

dd.jpg

Ah yes, that's much better Alex! :thumbup:

What do you mean when you say they're a bit 'ordered'? It was photographed as is, I didn't move any flowers about or anything! :greenpbl: Just wondering, that's all!

The edit is much more cheerful. The original, as you can see for yourself, is clearly underexposed.
The "arrangement" of the flowers, by chance as it may be, is a NICE element to this photo, I think. It is no all just "wild" (as in: confusing) flowers scattered all about the frame, but there seems to be some inherent structure to them. Which is nice!

The "arrangement" of the flowers, by chance as it may be, is a NICE element to this photo, I think. It is no all just "wild" (as in: confusing) flowers scattered all about the frame, but there seems to be some inherent structure to them. Which is nice!

That is what I meant! :)

Thought it was Alex! :p

I think I was just lucky with the arrangement of those flowers, but the positive comments have given me an idea what to look for when photographing a group of flowers - to look for any nice natural arrangements of them rather than just snapping willy-nilly!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back