Yellowstone Geysers

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
The first shot is the Midway Geyser Basin. It is the back of the popular attraction. The second shot is Imperial Geyser close to 4 miles from the Fairy Falls trail head

1740MidwayBasin.jpg

1740ImpGeyser89.jpg

I really like the second one. Did you use a continous shooting or you just caught it?

Ah, looks like such a beautiful area. :D I just love your composition in the first image. I know this isn't really the critique forum, but - I think it would be more compelling as a B&W, cropped a little on the side to move the dead limb more off-center. Make it contrasty enough to make those great-looking clouds pop out, and you'd have an entirely different feel here. Sorry, that's just the first thing that hit me while I was studying it. I'm a B&W freak. :wink:

Nice action on that second one! Looks like you had a gorgeous day while you were there. :D

Nice capture!

Thanks for the replies!!! For me it is pretty rare to shoot in continuos mode. The geyser went off about every 3 minutes so there was a fair amount of staring at the water.
The photo is strong in BW. I'm a color freak. :wink:. I tried the crop as well. Somehow it did not make the cut. Somehow I am convinced that if I try hard enough I will never crop another photo. I am a little far from that goal.

Most reactions

Back