Yet Another Boring Belly Dancer

Granddad

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry guys, I did yet another all day belly dance shoot last month. This one is my favourite shot, SOOC apart from cropping and some minor adjusting in Lightroom 3. I have some other (non belly dance) shots from the summer to share but they'll have to wait till I'm finished editing this batch. C&C and suggestions on processing are welcome.

Teresa.jpg

Very nice! The only thoughts I have are cleaning up the backdrop wrinkles, and maybe getting rid of that little bit of hair that apears just blow her arm

Yep, the wrinkles will be gaussian blurred then I'll add in a little noise to cover the smoothed over look that gives the background. Thanks for the pointer on the hair, the bit between the bra strap and the armpit, I assume. I didn't notice that. :)

If only I'd got some skirt swirl as well as the veil float... :blue:

I like how you did this. The veil is frozen and the colors are perfect. I sure could not do better.

If this were mine ... I'd crop down from the top and below the scarf and go for a square format. This is a well exposed well processed image. Remember that often a tight shot will increase the drama.

If this were mine ... I'd crop down from the top and below the scarf and go for a square format. This is a well exposed well processed image. Remember that often a tight shot will increase the drama.

Thanks Gary, I'll put it back into Lightroom and see how that looks. :icon_thumbsup:

Nice job!!!:icon_thumright:

Wow. not boring at all, very cool photo..

Please, "bore" us some more!

I didn't notice the hair at first, but now I know it's there, I keep going back to it. I'm definitely looking forward to the finished job.

I boomified it a bit. Upped the highlights, cropped, added clarity to the scarf/twirling thing, and that's about it.

Attachments

• Teresa-2.jpg
    Teresa-2.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 171
Love the photo and the subject. Shooting belly dancers is fun--so thanks for sharing.

I agree with the comments in earlier threads--especially about the hair and the wrinkles at the bottom. As for the square format--maybe. Definitely worth a try to see which you like better. I'd also brighten the upper left quadrant--it looks "dirty" compared to the rest of the lighting in the other parts of the photo.

Most reactions

Back