Yonguo radio triggers get a thumbs up from me

greybeard

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got 4 of them from Amazon a couple of days ago. I think I paid like $50 for the entire bunch. They all 4 work exactly the way they are suppose to. :) Yonguo rocks.

I like the ones I have, except for the fact that they only sync to 1/200 shutter speed and below. Now I'm saving for pocket wizards.

I'm very happy with mine as well. I love that it waskes up flash from sleep mode. Only thing I'd like to see is chanels on the outer of it, so I can easily swap chanels for selective flash when I'm running externals.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So, I have this wireless shutter release on my Christmas wishlist (Amazon.com: RFN-4s Wireless Remote Shutter Release for Nikon DSLR with MC30 Type connection (Nikon D200, D300, D300s, D700, D800, D800E, D1, D2, D3, D3x, D3s, D4) - Transmitter and Receiver Set: Camera & Photo). Does this Yonguo do everything that trigger does plus allow wireless operation of a flash that doesn't natively support wireless (like the SB400)?

OP is talking about flash triggers, not shutter triggers. These are two entirely different products.

So, I have this wireless shutter release on my Christmas wishlist (Amazon.com: RFN-4s Wireless Remote Shutter Release for Nikon DSLR with MC30 Type connection (Nikon D200, D300, D300s, D700, D800, D800E, D1, D2, D3, D3x, D3s, D4) - Transmitter and Receiver Set: Camera & Photo). Does this Yonguo do everything that trigger does plus allow wireless operation of a flash that doesn't natively support wireless (like the SB400)?

OP is talking about flash triggers, not shutter triggers. These are two entirely different products.

Perhaps I looked up the wrong product ( http://www.amazon.com/Yongnuo-Wireless-Trigger-Shutter-Transceiver/dp/B004YW79F4 )...seems it works as both?

Perhaps I looked up the wrong product ( Amazon.com: Yongnuo RF-603 N3 2.4GHz Wireless Flash Trigger/Wireless Shutter Release Transceiver Kit for Nikon D90/D3100/D5000/D7000: Camera & Photo )...seems it works as both?

Oh, yeah. Your last bit confused me. The product you have linked has 3 times the range plus bulb mode, also 16 channels is a big deal as well. It will also light up an LED if the camera has achieved focus.

The Yongnuo as a shutter trigger is essentially just like the cheapo amazon basics remote. The one you have linked is a heavy duty model designed more maximum range and dependability. I don't even know anybody who uses the yongnuos as shutter triggers.

I tried the shutter release and it works. This is NOT professional equipment but, I don't need professional grade stuff, I'm just a amateur and have no intentions of going pro.

Last edited:
I tried the shutter release and it works.

sure, it works. But so does a $5 amazon basics shutter release. My point was that people don't buy the yongnuos for its shutter release capabilities.

I also just bought 4 of them. They worked well on my SB-910 & SB-700. Had touble with it "waking up" my SB-600 though.

I'm pretty impressed with Yongnuo overall. You certainly get what you pay for with most things, but Yongnuo has been pretty impressive. I have one of their flash units, 560 II. It's sweet! I was blown away by the build quality for the price I paid. We'll see how it lasts a year from now, but, if lasts half as long as a Canon flash, well, then I've come out ahead because it only cost 1/4 as much!

-John

I'm pretty impressed with Yongnuo overall. You certainly get what you pay for with most things, but Yongnuo has been pretty impressive. I have one of their flash units, 560 II. It's sweet! I was blown away by the build quality for the price I paid. We'll see how it lasts a year from now, but, if lasts half as long as a Canon flash, well, then I've come out ahead because it only cost 1/4 as much!

-John
That's what has impressed me with these little triggers. Solid build quality and they deliver what they say. Too bad all cheap stuff isn't this well made.

-John
That's what has impressed me with these little triggers. Solid build quality and they deliver what they say. Too bad all cheap stuff isn't this well made.

Me too. I am certainly one to say 'you get what you pay for'. But, I COULDN'T pay for two Canon flashes, just didn't have that much to spend. A Canon and a Yongnuo flash I could do though, to get a two light off camera setup. But, I am so thoroughly impressed, I think I'll get a few more of these puppies in the future for more speedlite lighting. Cheaper than strobes, and a great cheap way to get into off camera lighting!

I'm so impress that I just ordered a YN-565EX

greybeard said:
I'm so impress that I just ordered a YN-565EX

The 565 seemed to get poor reviews, when it comes to TTL I would stick with canon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back