Yosemite Valley

jmandell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A shot of Yosemite Valley. I am not sure if I like it or not, so I post here for opinions! Processed in HDR EFEX Pro.

$DSC_5330_HDR.jpg

C&C welcome.
I also just noticed some halos around the mountains, how do I get rid of that?

Justin

When processing in Photomatix usually the last step is to slide the Highlight Smoothing slider to the right. This should lighten the magenta that is on the blue sky falling short of the mountains and extend that halo look so it disappears.

You have very dark shadows for the final image being an HDR.

How many exposures did you make and at what + and - EV step values?

This was a 3 exposure +- 2. I think my dad might have a 7 exposure with more range, I'll see if I can find it. (I'm 15 btw)

I can imagine the harsh shadows from that scene. I think you did well with just 3 shots. More would be better so I look forward to seeing those by your dad. Meanwhile Ive lightened the shadows, pinched the contrast and dropped in a new sky.

2i11jq9.jpg

Bynx,
That looks great. I loved how you removed the halo, I'll have to try that. Unfortunately I don't think he shot his bracketed that night, so none of this scene but I did manage to convince him to bracket later in the trip. I am processing those as I type. I'll try to post some of those tomorrow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back