Your most valuble and honest C&C please

#1 needs some flash, absolutely. It'll alow you to freeze motion better. Heck, getting it off camera as a side light could be really cool for such a shot.

As for #3, the noise make the photo...not work. A clean shot would be nice. Lower the ISO, stop down the aperture, and embrace the long exposure. If those boats are moving, just wait for them to go on by.

For #4, something kinda cool you might wish to consider is slapping a really strong ND filter on there (like, oh, ten stops; nah five would suffice easily), stop down, lower the ISO, and take the same shot at a very looooooooooooong exposure. The people will likely just, disappear. Might make for a cool shot (more cool if it's somewhere that people expect to be busy).

1- The face came out underexposed, and thus i had to edit it in lightroom. However, my moniter broke down a couple of weeks back and currently im using a really old moniter without proper calibration. Therefore the colours might be distorted, i will fix it when i get the screen back.

2. Thankyou, i completely agree.

3. Completely agree again, im running outta places to take photos in sydney. Any suggestions anyone out there?

4. Subject is a little hidden but the mood is good i think.

Regarding shooting locations, you might want to shift your perspective. You're in a city, and there's always lots going on in a city. Sometimes it's not so much about the where, but the when, why, what and who that make an image.

#1 - Did the bloke pay you for that shot? If so, then you owe him a reshoot.

#2 - Did the commisioner of the Queen Victoria Building commision you for shots of the building?

#3 - Did the Board of Directors authorize and subsequently write a cheque for your photos of the Opera House?

#4 - Did the port authorities at the International Terminal at Sidney Harbour charge you as their photographer (even for the day)?

Am I the only one that's still bother that this thread is in the wrong forum?

I dare say that these are just shots taken. Not to say that they aren't worthy of mention, but just shots taken and do not belong in the Professional Gallery.

No, kund, you aren't the only one. I'm bothered about it myself.

#1 - Did the bloke pay you for that shot? If so, then you owe him a reshoot.

#2 - Did the commisioner of the Queen Victoria Building commision you for shots of the building?

#3 - Did the Board of Directors authorize and subsequently write a cheque for your photos of the Opera House?

#4 - Did the port authorities at the International Terminal at Sidney Harbour charge you as their photographer (even for the day)?

Am I the only one that's still bother that this thread is in the wrong forum?

I dare say that these are just shots taken. Not to say that they aren't worthy of mention, but just shots taken and do not belong in the Professional Gallery.

Serious-Cat-Joker.jpg

Its JUST an internet forum! Mistakes happen, just go with it and HAVE FUN!

3. Completely agree again, im running outta places to take photos in sydney. Any suggestions anyone out there?

Just take one of the fairies. I heard you can some great shots out there.

Most reactions

Back