Your Questions Answered

We are making cookies (the peanut butter kind with the hershey's kiss in the center). How long will they last in a house with 4 adults (one pregnant) and 2 children. The recipe says it makes 56 cookies.

Hertz van Rental said:
Have I ever done that? I don't think so. Nor would I. I tend to only answer technical questions when people say they have a problem.

I tried Bromoil once but just couldn't get it to work. Gave up after two days. I think it's one of those things where you need to see it done before you can do it.
I did come across a very interesting non-silver printing method where you mix the emulsion yourself and coat the paper prior to printing. Looked fascinating. I have all the info somewhere. I shall dig it out and if you haven't heard of it I'll send you a copy.
No, you have not. Hence my wink. ;) Here's another: ;)

I read tons of stuff before trying bromoil. I like my first attempt, though didn't like the time it had taken me to get there. Once I read a little Gene Laughter, it became clearer and I was much happier with subsequent efforts. It unquestionably takes repetition and the luxury of time to get used to the feel of the ink itself, working the ink, developing a brush style, etc. I eventually reached a comfort level, but I agree - I could have gotten there quicker with the benefit of a demo.

Yes - send me the copy, whatever it is! :D I am guessing it's a tutorial on printing onto artist's paper, using Liquid Light or some such liquid emulsion. Definitely one of the things I want to try. Can you imagine the freedom of being able to coat the paper of your choice? Some of the results I've seen have been breathtaking!

Alison said:
We are making cookies (the peanut butter kind with the hershey's kiss in the center). How long will they last in a house with 4 adults (one pregnant) and 2 children. The recipe says it makes 56 cookies.
I doubt if they will even get a chance to cool. make double.
I once made Danish pastries. It takes almost a whole day of folding butter in and then chilling. I don't even think they made it to the cooling rack :lol:

darin3200 said:
Are you Santa?
I do not own, nor have I ever owned, a red suit.
There does, however, appear to be something stuck up my chimney. It's wearing black boots and smells funny.

terri said:
No, you have not. Hence my wink. ;) Here's another: ;)

I read tons of stuff before trying bromoil. I like my first attempt, though didn't like the time it had taken me to get there. Once I read a little Gene Laughter, it became clearer and I was much happier with subsequent efforts. It unquestionably takes repetition and the luxury of time to get used to the feel of the ink itself, working the ink, developing a brush style, etc. I eventually reached a comfort level, but I agree - I could have gotten there quicker with the benefit of a demo.

Yes - send me the copy, whatever it is! :D I am guessing it's a tutorial on printing onto artist's paper, using Liquid Light or some such liquid emulsion. Definitely one of the things I want to try. Can you imagine the freedom of being able to coat the paper of your choice? Some of the results I've seen have been breathtaking!
I remember reading something about bromoil - the person doing it said they got a better effect putting the ink on underwater. Always puzzled me.

I'll find it and scan it - I seem to recall that it's developed using water.
The example images I saw were impressive.

Luminosity said:
What would give Hertz a tickle if he found it under the xmas tree tomorrow ?
Anything I found under my Christmas tree would surprise me - I don't have a Christmas tree.
I can only think of one thing I'd like to find but it will never happen and I'm not telling. But it's small and blonde :mrgreen:

Hertz van Rental said:
Anything I found under my Christmas tree would surprise me - I don't have a Christmas tree.
Oops :blushing:

Hertz Van Rental said:
I can only think of one thing I'd like to find but it will never happen and I'm not telling. But it's small and blonde :mrgreen:

See, I already knew the answer to this question before I posed it ....I wanted to see if you answered it correctly [/MissKnowItAll] :mrgreen:

We have not started wrapping any gifts yet....how much sleep to you think we will get tonight and what are the odds that we won't be able to find tape/scissors or run out of wrapping paper in the middle of the night?

PlasticSpanner said:
It's midnight here & we're about to put the Turkey in the oven. It weighs 20lb so how long will it take and when can I go to bed (after I've finished basting it!) :meh:
With the oven at 160C it's 15 min/lb plus 20 min.
That's 5hrs and 20min. so I'd say 5.30am.

Alison said:
We have not started wrapping any gifts yet....how much sleep to you think we will get tonight and what are the odds that we won't be able to find tape/scissors or run out of wrapping paper in the middle of the night?
By the time you've got everything sorted you won't get to bed before 1am.
Kids being kids should wake up around 2am to see if Santa has been.
They should come in to show you what they've got around 2.30am.
Then next door's burglar alarm will go off around 3am.
The answer? Not much sleep and you'll have just enough wrapping paper to do half the last present.

Most reactions

Back