Zephyr

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
777-5x7-0863.jpg

Timing is everything........ well, at times like these anyway.

and colour i must add. i love the colour of the grass in the foreground and how its warmth clashes with the background.

Great shot!

Timing is everything........ well, at times like these anyway.

Yeah, sadly enough. That was a good day. Sitting here the last two days watching the weather go by- moping.

Timing...

And location, location, location.

That too. This was 110 miles from my house.

and colour i must add. i love the colour of the grass in the foreground and how its warmth clashes with the background.

I tried processing the lower half separate from the top. I'm pretty happy with the look. Wish I had some stuff that I could put on the camera to do it right in the box. Need more stuff. Need to get out of the house more often. It's been a week.

Great shot!

Thank you.

& Thanks everyone, I appreciate your comments!

I like it.

We call them wind devils.

Thanks. Typically they're called "dust devils" around here. I like the word "zephyr" though, and this one never turned into the tall, narrow and winding, tornado-shape they usually go to.

Nice shot. It looks lie small tornado.

Well Well Well if it isn't Mr.KingOfTheJungle living on the edge. Great shot, love the colors.

Very nice. Even though I'd call it a dust devil....

Nice shot. It looks lie small tornado.

Thanks.

They do tend to look like that. I've seen them go as high as 100-200 feet, usually over dry lakes and during very hot and dry times of the year. Their origin is much different than a tornado though.

Here's something that may be of interest;

"A dustdevil is a whirlwind into which dust and debris gets caught up, making it visible. Dust devils form through a different mechanism than tornadoes, and are much smaller, usually only 10 to 50 feet in diameter, and usually not extending more than 100 feet into the air. They usually are seen in relatively dry conditions, when sunlight is providing strong heating of the surface, and when winds are generally light. The heated land surface can start to produce convective rolls of air (as in the diagram above). Some of these rolls can get tilted upright, producing a dust devil. "

Source - http://www.weatherquestions.com/What_are_dust_devils.htm

Well Well Well if it isn't Mr.KingOfTheJungle living on the edge. Great shot, love the colors.

I'm not sure about the intention in your reference, so I'll just say 'thanks' on the rest of it.

I'm not sure about the intention in your reference, so I'll just say 'thanks' on the rest of it.

Your adventurous... You get out there... It's a good thing not a bad thing.

Wow very cool shot! Love the colors and general "feel" of this! Nice work!

Most reactions

Back