Zero

Donde

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I think this is pretty funny. It's a store in an upscale shopping center in Cali, Colombia that caters to the young. English isn't the language here so using English curse words, usually in odd or meaningless (in English anyway) contexts in advertising is just sort of "cool" to them. I passed another shop in the same shopping center yesterday that had a sign in the window that said "Black Days". They were trying to copy the "Black Friday" sales strategy in the U.S. but got it just a little wrong. The funniest of all though was when Cali held the "World Games". Teams from Eastern Europe, some Caribbean islands and other small countries that you probably wouldn't consider front line competed in sports some of which were just kind of silly. The event paid a company in Bogotá to produce elegant and expensive trophies for the winners. Only problem was that pesky English again. The trophies said "Word Games".

33630135125_0b1bfe0892_b.jpg

That is hilarious! Thanks for letting us know the location - I was waiting to see who protested the language, but it seems that's not likely to happen. :biglaugh:

LOL ... reminds me of seeing similar language used in Paris for graffiti. I asked a Parisian about the 'F' word ... and wasn't that English ... while the remainder of the graffiti was in French. He laugh and said that we are near the Sorbonne and that using the English word was thought of as cool.

Yes it is hillarious. I Wonder how long this window
display would stay up in an Iowa mall ha ha.

A lot of the first words from foreign languages people learn are the cuss words!

Most reactions

Back