Zoo in Emmen, Netherlands

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For months I have said on here that after I had seen all your brilliant zoo photos I needed to go to the zoo myself any time soon. Of course, I was thinking of bringing my SLR and the 70-300mm lens. But the SLR is broken... :( Therefore all I could bring was my compact digital camera, the one that my son deprecatingly called "your tourist's snapper" :(.

I felt soooo reduced!

The weather was not always on our side, either, so my photos of elephants are nowhere near as nice as Raymond's were:

ZooEmmen_Elefanten3.jpg

ZooEmmen_Elefanten2.jpg

Can you see the cute little baby between its mother's and aunts' legs?

Here's a crop of the same, just for you to see a little better. (There are no words to tell you how much I missed my telephoto lens!!!)

ZooEmmen_Elefantenbaby-crop.jpg

The animals in the zoo in Emmen have got large areas to themselves, so you cannot always be sure you get to see them close-up (least of all if all you bring is a "tourist's snapper" - cough-cough :roll: ).

ZooEmmen_Elefanten.jpg

But do you see those tiny non-elephant creatures among them? These here (crop):

ZooEmmen_Krhen-crop.jpg

Actually they were all over the place but would you think I could catch them close-up? Never. Grrr ;)

If you want, I can send more. We did not only and exclusively see elephants.

Go ahead, Artemis!
I did all the post processing work to them that I can with my limited software.

man, lafoto.. love the baby shot..and you got the rare blue crows in there!! good shot..

let me tell you, i am ashamed to even try to do zoo shots...with raymond, chiller, and now lafoto's... nah, not even gonna attempt that....

i think the first one is really good, too lafoto...the tusks of the one is huge..with the wad of moss/hair/something.... cool.

Oh wow, thanks aprilraven, but after I have seen your photo of the fox in your backyard I am just CONVINCED you would present us only the best of zoo photos!!!

What I like most about the first photo is the pouring rain... ;) It becomes quite visible - and boy, it WAS pouring!

Sooo cool to see the zoo pics LaFoto. Very well done. Love the first shot. The tusks on that one elephant are amazing. Great stuff LaFoto.!!!!!

Seems as quite a few of us hat a zoo weekend... Great shots! The elephants in #1 also seem to dislike the rain, one can almost feel the bad weather in that image.

And you caught a ... medium sized black bird .... I didn't dare to ... even though they seem to like zoos. There were lots of them around when I went to the zoo on sunday.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back