What's new

04/02/07 II

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
2,860
Reaction score
41
Location
in the eye of a tornado
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's the second part of my trip.

I though that I would do this one HDR and regular (with my own edit) to see which you like best.

1. HDR (click for larger)


2. My own edit (click for larger)


I'll have more once I get them all edited probably some time tomorrow.

3. Just goofing around with photomatix
445825334_15b1fd5b3c.jpg
 
Your own edit is much nicer, IMHO. Sharper and more detail in the clouds as well as a brighter foreground. And this is the most spectacular view too, compared to the ones posted in part I. I can see what drew you to it.
 
Your edit makes it looks alot warmer and softer.
The HDR makes it abit more dramatic and more storm like.

So depends which your after :)

I'm guessing the HDR was handheld as there alot of movement.
 
I like the clouds in the HDR, but the forground in your edit. Perhaps you can brighten the forground a bit in the HDR for the best of both?
 
Like the shots. The HDR composites show drama, but look a little surreal (which may be what you were going for). What did the pre-HDR shots look like?
 
Thanks guys. I think I like my edit (not to brag), but the HDR is just not quite capturing what I was getting at. Thanks for the opinions. It's all of your opinions that have shaped my photography, and for that I'm very greatful.

Here's another one from that day.


446795569_cf93b24467_o.jpg
 
That last one is the best by far...take that puppy to MPix and have it printed big on Kodak Metallic.
 
I'll just use this thread to put the remaining 2 pictures here... I hope thats ok with everyone.
4.
 
WOW, I like them all. Especially the image in post #7... Oh yeah!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom