08 Assignment- ABSTRACT-Anytime

Very abstract, I have to work on mine.

3748043624_882b9caac0_o.jpg

John,

And this was achieved... how...?

Very cool, by the way!
Wish I could say that I did this by hand in some exotic app, but while we were at the Huntington Library near Pasadena, we strolled into this room that was teaching about electromagnetic physics. These are fibreoptic strands hanging from the ceiling, with light passing through them.

Kim (SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED) was laughing at the reaction of the other visitors, as I was supine on the floor, shooting upward into the strands of fibreoptics. I was down there twisting and turning, hunting for an angle that would seem less static. Afterward Kim said someone wanted to call for help, thinking I was having an epileptic seizure!

Wish I could say that I did this by hand in some exotic app, but while we were at the Huntington Library near Pasadena, we strolled into this room that was teaching about electromagnetic physics. These are fibreoptic strands hanging from the ceiling, with light passing through them.

Kim (SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED) was laughing at the reaction of the other visitors, as I was supine on the floor, shooting upward into the strands of fibreoptics. I was down there twisting and turning, hunting for an angle that would seem less static. Afterward Kim said someone wanted to call for help, thinking I was having an epileptic seizure!

Oh,

This is way better from a story and from a shooting/editing perspective than monkeying around in PhotoChop or something. Getting down on a floor and working for the right angle is PHOTOGRAPHY, the PhotoChopping is that blurry line between post-processing and graphic design.

I honestly thought this was a night sky or something and was trying to figure out how long you had to have the shutter open and how in the heck you got light trails moving in different directions... I was truly baffled!

Like I said, WAY cool, John. Mad props and kudos!

Most reactions

Back