'08 Subject Assignment #3 - The Color Red - Due Feb 15th

WOOT!! I got it!!

2232712597_28cf1c1ce5.jpg

Aren't the assignments phrased so people only after learning about them GO OUT and work on their photos? Pay particular attention to what they could photograph that presents The Colour Red (for example) and THEN post their work? Older work should go into this theme thread on The_Colour_Red , shouldn't it?

If that is in reference to my post, I lurked here a bit yesterday before I signed up this morning. ;)

No, I said so in reference to some other posters whose photos I have seen elsewhere in the galleries before. No worries.
Plus I was only just asking.
This Assignment activity is not moderated, it is actually all up to the members how it is being done.

Aren't the assignments phrased so people only after learning about them GO OUT and work on their photos? Pay particular attention to what they could photograph that presents The Colour Red (for example) and THEN post their work? Older work should go into this theme thread on The_Colour_Red , shouldn't it?

Yes, I think the idea is to help inspire people to try new things, like emphasizing red by actively going out and looking for it. However one or two old photos at the beginning of an assignment's life could also be helpful in getting the inspiration flowing... at least for me...

Just as long as it doesn't pile up and turn into just another gallery, right?

Oh, ok. i just don't want to get into trouble right off the bat. :)

easily amused: Of course :) I think your photo is quite good, too. It is very interesting. I think the only thing that would make it better is a little more attention paid to the geometry of the structure and shadow... which is, of course very difficult... :p Nice submission :D.

easily amused: Of course :) I think your photo is quite good, too. It is very interesting. I think the only thing that would make it better is a little more attention paid to the geometry of the structure and shadow... which is, of course very difficult... :p Nice submission :D.

Thank you.

Any suggestions on how to do that? I am always up for playing with my new toy. :mrgreen:

Well, I was sitting here and looked around a bit and suddenly saw something quite, quite red. :biggrin:

ROT.jpg

(Reversed lens macro at 35mm)

Two from me:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• $Boathouse Handouts copy.jpg
    $Boathouse Handouts copy.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 424
  • $DSC_0042 copy.jpg
    $DSC_0042 copy.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 424
Corinna got me thinking that I had never tried reverse macro with the 35mm. Here's a compliment to my first entry (which was taken last night).

red-2.jpg

Cheers.....

Milano
milano.jpg

Aren't the assignments phrased so people only after learning about them GO OUT and work on their photos?
It made me look at an old photo in new light.
milano_orig.jpg

Pink Floyd / Comfortably Numb / The Delicate Sound of Thunder (1988) (yes, I know, but have you ever seen them LIVE? 3x)
Yes, Berlin 1995, Olympic Stadium, 250k audience. I was right by the mirror ball in the sound stage as it came up during CN. I'll never forget it for sure. Must find a few snaps and post them.

Hey David #2 from you is a fricken awesome compilation. The eye for the motor got me good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back