'08 Subject Assignment #9 – THE STREET - Due April 11th

The street covered in a blanket of snow... Taken yesterday... I hope that's okay :)

P1010056.jpg

OK, so I go to the LSU spring football game. It was fun and I got my football fix. Then my son's with those famous words, "Hey, Dad, wanna go to Bourbon Street?" I can't tell my son, "no". It's a weakness.

DSC_0116.jpg

So we went to Bourbon Street. I can't remember where it was we went first.;)

DSC_0121.jpg

Ran across this dude on Bourbon. It's still not uncommon to encounter street acts on Bourbon Street though they are less common and not as good anymore. But this guy - I don't know what he was up to but he was making money at it. Go figure.

DSC_0119.jpg

It isn't very good, I took it with my phone and it was dark.. But hey at least it is an entry. These trucks carry anywhere from 60-89,000 pounds of sugarbeets in them. This folks is how sugar is made, this plant produced 9million 100lbs bags of sugar in 6 months!!! Out of 3.32+million lbs of sugarbeets brought in.

img048.jpg

I've been lurking for a short while, but thought I would throw mine in the mix.

backroad2-1.jpg

I posted this in another thread, but I think it fits.

D30_2201_edited-1.jpg

I like the star effect.

little to edited for my tastes
but here is my entry -- my second day of shooting SLR

DSC_01200002.jpg

what do you guys think?

Did some shooting in the upper and lower ninth ward in New Orleans yesterday. This street used to be bustling with activity. All the houses you can see are vacant. There are other parts of the city that are coming back nicely though. More photos to follow.

street.jpg

I...Like...This. What is it about graveyards? This one - one of those completely cool above-the-water-table things that you don't find anywhere I've ever lived - is just awesome. The gloomy clouds, the cracked concrete. This tickled me. Nice shot, sir.

2392552227_02dc6e5da8.jpg

taken at night near the beach in miami. not so much a street, but alleys have a "street feel".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back