Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1)
5386643302_330d3eebd0_b.jpg

2)
5389046693_a0826a1431_b.jpg

Your C&C is always appreciated.

I have many more of this model that I'm developing now and I'll post more soon, just wanted to get the C&C rolling :mrgreen:

is she supposed to look like a ghost or very pale complection in the 2nd shot? She looks gray??? Makeup?

GJ Jason! We need to get together and do some car or model photo.

The make up isn't gray. It is just the flash temperature vs ambient. I think you can warm it up a little more and the background color will still look natural.

#1 - The camera position, model's pose and lighting all contribute to making her right leg/hip look HUGE. Dominates the image.

You mean she looks like a "real" woman? Not an anorexic stick? LOL.

#1 - The camera position, model's pose and lighting all contribute to making her right leg/hip look HUGE. Dominates the image.

Yes...the focal length is short, and the camera is close to her, so her upper thigh looks like she was a model hired by Peter Paul Reubens Peter Paul Rubens: Venus and Adonis (37.162) | Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History | The Metropolitan Museum of Art

gesssshhhh! what is wrong with that?
I don't think the models legs in the photo are as huge as the photo makes them to be but what is wrong with the girls in the painting? lol you know, a little bit of meat on the bones back in the day was beautiful, yes times have changed and now everyone wants sticks and ribs showing, but oh nevermind....

Yes...the focal length is short, and the camera is close to her, so her upper thigh looks like she was a model hired by Peter Paul Reubens Peter Paul Rubens: Venus and Adonis (37.162) | Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History | The Metropolitan Museum of Art

I don't think the models legs in the photo are as huge as the photo makes them to be but what is wrong with the girls in the painting? lol you know, a little bit of meat on the bones back in the day was beautiful, yes times have changed and now everyone wants sticks and ribs showing, but oh nevermind....

We're on the same page at least :)

She looks like a vampire in the 2nd =P

There is nothing wrong w/ voluptuous women, but in this shot, I don't think she would want her leg bigger then it really is. ;) I think another problem is that her skin is so light that it draws your eye right to to her leg. :mrgreen:

You two may be on the same page, but you are drawing the wrong conclusions. Mine and (if I may) Derrel’s comments were to address a common fault. Not ‘seeing’ through the viewfinder. The purpose of portraiture is to produce a likeness of the subject. The job for the photographer is to create that likeness in the most flattering manner for the subject. This can only be done by ‘seeing’ through the viewfinder for lighting position and the mood which you want to set, posing the model in such a way as to accentuate the positive features and reduce/eliminate those features that are less desirable. The camera position and lens choice are key components because they are how the final result will be viewed. The background and any props should be chosen to further enhance the mood that was initially conceived.

So with that, this is why IMO her leg looks huge.
Lighting: The face should be the brightest part of the portraiture, all else is supplemental. This is not the case here. It’s hard to tell for sure with the two catch lights, I’m assuming the main light is camera left, causing the 11”00 o’clock catch lights. Having either flagged the main light from the bottom or feathering it upwards would have reduced the amount of light reflecting off the leg.

Pose: It looks as if she is sitting quite flat on her bottom with the leg thrown over. Had she rotated and sat on her left hip to support the weight, her leg would naturally rotate as well. This would also benefit the pose by lessening the rather flat-to-camera belly, creating more curves. Had she lowered her knee / lessened the angle of her right leg, the line created would have been less of a horizontal line running across the frame, bit more in line with the body position as a whole.

Background: I like the colors and textures of the scene, but had she moved another 6” or so, the black cross on the bed cover would have been eliminated. It does not add value as is.

Just a few thoughts and my 2¢. Back to work for me.

Oh yeah, one last thing……. I like a bit of meat on the bone. I also do not think she has huge legs.... it's an optical dillusion.

Last edited:
Her thighs can dominate me anytime....( you keep setting them up and I'll just keep knockin em outta the park )

Thats why I said LOL. I know you guys were just judging the photo and not her......but I feel like in todays society we work to hard to hide "imperfections" which in my mind are not imperfections at all, instead I think that we should appreciate the natural form.

"imperfections" are "imperfections" but her thigh in this shot is being exaggerated. I believe it is the photographers job to make the girl look the best he can w/ what she's got.....lol And he didn't nail it. But the girl also prolly doesn't model a ton cause she would of known that wouldn't of been a flattering position for her. K.....had some great ideas on how to fix that.

I used to watch Next Top Model and it was amazing what you could learn from that show! lol

I definitely prefer the 2nd photograph if I had to choose a favorite. It reminds me of grim's fairy tales, a creepy, seductive red riding hood. I love the sun's position as well.

For the 1st shot: I won't mention the thigh issue, because that's been beaten to death already (I actually didn't notice it til I read on lol). But she's obviously a pretty busty lady, and all that lovely cleavage is hidden because of her pose. Otherwise, I do like the expression on her face.

Nice job and keep shooting!

Most reactions

Back