1 more for your perusal

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Jeeze, I shot so many, but hey, I'm really trying to get this gig. Any feedback you can give would be great.

I'm starting to wonder if these shots sell the pearls or not. Maybe I'm missing it.

pearls5.jpg

wow Matt... Yea i think you'll sell those pearls... :hail:

what kind of lighting sources did you use for this? the lighting is really great imo.

Thank you both. Nate, I used promaster flash on my 20D with a big homemade diffuser on it, then bounced either from a reflector to the side, or the ceiling. I don't remember which on this shot, because I took about 140 :p

very professional, the type of image i would expect to see in a high end fashion magazine........ the only thing i would consider is to maybe clone out the two pearls at the end of the middle row that make the necklace appear to buckle. If you place your finger over them on the screen it does make them lay flush with the edge of the other two rows. However you may prefer the more free flowing placement of the pearls, in which case they're fine as they are.

Great job with this series :thumbup:

Good point about the pearls Archangel. We had a hard time getting them to lay down just right, and at one point we had them perfect, but that didn't last. I was bummed when I saw this shot, because I really like the lighting, but the pearls are kind of off. I'll will definitely clone out those last two. I put my finger over them, and it really does help. Thanks for that :)

another great shot matt! the lighting is awesome in this one. it screams high-fashion. the only thing i'm unsure of is the pose... it seems a touch off, but i'm not sure exactly why... maybe it just feels a little unnatural. i know that probably helps a lot... :| maybe if it was more of a 3/4 shot instead of a straight on shot. we don't see much of the pearl in her right ear anyway, and my eye keeps going to the left of the comp (armpit area). if she was slightly turned, that area would close off some and bring the focus (and light too) on the pearls on her hand and her left ear.

it's a fantastic shot... i'm always really impressed by your work... :thumbup:

Thanks JTH. The pose, while strange, is a rip from another ad actually. I'm not saying it's great, or that it really works. I had to shoot several specific poses for the agent. This is one. I have a few different shots of it, but I really liked the lighting on this one best. There's another version of it here, which might look more natural to you, and has more shadow play.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/33036528/

I like them both!

As an advertiser, I think if she looked away from the camera the focus would be more on the pearls, however.

She is such a great model - so arresting to look at, she actually dominates these shots, not the pearls. ;) The more effective ones (that showcase the jewelry) are the ones where she shows less. :lol: She's what we call a "scene-stealer" with her beauty.

BUT - they might still love them all! How many do you get to submit? I'd show them everything, be interesting to see what they like. :)

Digital Matt said:
Thanks JTH. The pose, while strange, is a rip from another ad actually. I'm not saying it's great, or that it really works. I had to shoot several specific poses for the agent. This is one. I have a few different shots of it, but I really liked the lighting on this one best. There's another version of it here, which might look more natural to you, and has more shadow play.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/33036528/

that's almost exactly what i was envisioning, maybe a little strong on the shadow, but very close. for some reason it does seem a little more natural, but they are both terrific... always a fan of your photos... :thumbup:

Fantastic Matt ! If you don't get the gig... It's their lost.

Beautiful shot by all means dude !

This whole series is terrific! I wish I could offer some feedback, but I'm at a loss of anything to offer. I'm sure you'll nail down the wardrobe when it's time to shoot.

Nice work!

Pete

Thanks everyone. In order to help my efforts with this, my beautiful wife just ok'd the purchase of a 2 light Alien Bees kit with softbox. The next few weeks should be real fun :)

Most reactions

Back