1 person on the photo looks like if he was cropped out, what kind of glitch is this?

photosenpai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I wonder if you could know what this could be. I remember a photo from my childhood when we had a family gathering. It was taken by a digital camera(Nikon) and one human-like figure was a completely white silhouette on it, close to the camera. As if you cropped out someone with photoshop and used a white background. We had no clue who could even be there and we had no explanation what was that. For some reason, this memory popped into my head now and I wondered if expert photographers have some kind of answer.

It happened like ~15 years ago. I've no clue where the picture is though. Keep in mind that all the other pictures were 100% perfect and everything else was 100% perfect on that image too, except that white silhouette. I've never seen such ever again.

Have you ever seen something like this? Is this frequent?
Do you have any explanation why a camera could do such?

Thanks for the help!

It's hard to tell without seeing the shot, but if the person in the forground had too much light on them and the camera exposed for a much darker background then it could be that the exposure difference was out of the cameras dynamic range and that would cause the person in the foreground to blow out and become white. If flash was used then I could totally see that as an explaination.

I'm guessing it was caused by a very close flash. Can you post that shot here?

Most reactions

Back