What's new

$100,000 lens: Move over hubble

Old news, this lens was first made years ago, one of the UK news papers used one for Prince Charles and Lady Diana's wedding in 1982
 
ohh, I thought it was new. Anything bigger out not?
 
There is a 5200mm F14 Canon lens. I believe it has the FD mount.

This is real and I believe they only made one or two of these.
Pantotek%205200-2.jpg

Canon 800mm f3.8 and 2000mm f11 CAT Lenses
 
That's my walkaround right there.
 
ding ding ding.. we have a winner!

Another 1200mm thread has been created.... now comes threads pointing to other REALLY big lenses.

I have a 60's takumar 500 f/4 which is FOV 1000mm when my G1 is adapter to it.



I'm just pullin your chain but Seriously, this lens has been around since the early 90s and threads discussing it open up annually. I think this was the last one which makes this one the first for 2010.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...cts-news-reviews/178613-lens-porn-1200mm.html
 
There's a one-owner Nikkor 1200mm f/11 ED for sale right now on Photo.net for only $2,500. As in two thousand five hundred dollars. According to Bjiorn Rorslett's review of that lens, with an appropriate tripod, the 1200mm f/11 has superb optics and makes great images. Apparently, only 366 of these lenses were built by Nikon.

Here's the reference for it. Nikkor Ai-S 1200mm f11 ED-IF $2,500 -- $2500 - photo.net
 
Pfft yah but everyone knows the Canon is way better than the Nikon!

Nikkor 1200mm Super telephoto lenses

cause that nikon is ugly and doesn't even have their little ring of gold on it ;)
 
There is a 5200mm F14 Canon lens. I believe it has the FD mount.

This is real and I believe they only made one or two of these.
Pantotek%205200-2.jpg

Canon 800mm f3.8 and 2000mm f11 CAT Lenses



Here is the youtube video for this lens

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRq18WpQZC0]YouTube - 5200mm Canon Lens World's MOST powerful Super telephoto EF FD (updated upload)[/ame]
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom