Upgrading from my kit lens (18-135)

Sid51

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been photographing for some time now, and i feel that i am limited by my equip now. I have a T3i with a 18-135mm lens, and what i photograph more are skateboarders.

What i mostly need right now: A wide angle lens (the 18mm on a aps-c is not enough for me), a prime aperture lens to do some details shot (mine is 3.5, and i dont like it's bokeh very much) and maybe a zoom lens for when i can't get too close from the rider.
But the most important thing that all those lens need to have is a FAST and ACCURATE AUTOFOCUS. This is something that bothers me a lot in my kit lens, it is slow as hell, and some times i get back-focus in my pictures.

I've done some search and i've chose (for now), those 3 lens:

Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Autofocus Lens
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Autofocus Lens
Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III USM Autofocus Lens - (not so sure about that one, probably won't buy a zoom right now)

I will move on to a full-frame body in the future, but i dont have the money to buy the body+lens to it right now, so i think iam going to stick with the aps-c for now, and sell the 10-22 when i buy a full frame.

My questions are:
- Does the body of the camera have any effects on the speed and accuracy of the focus? Will the problem of slow/back-focus be solved by a lens with USM system?
- Does any of you guys have/had any of those lens, and would recommend them for what i need?
- Does any one have another sugestion for me?

Thanks in advance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back