12th cetury monastery

dalebe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
this is the inner archways of a 12th century monastery called "norton priory" in cheshire very interesting place to visit.
P3280046.jpg

and this is a statue in the outer grounds called "the kneeling monk" very mossy statue, shows how long it's been there.
P3280014.jpg

yes sure, this is the old doorways which were re-placed in about the 17th century, sorry about the lens flare.
photocollection015.jpg

and this is what is left of the of the rest of the monastery,which has eroded away in time, in between the walls on the other side you can see the coffins of stone where they buried the monks, they are scattered everywhere, alas no images of them. thanks for the interest
photocollection027.jpg

great captures! i love these type structures and you've captured it well...great time of day for the outside shots!

JonMikal said:
great captures! i love these type structures and you've captured it well...great time of day for the outside shots!
thanks very much jon, much appreciated.

I would enjoy visiting there. Old buildings with their history are just so interesting. Love the way you captured it. :)

hey dalebe....really good capture...love the mossy monk...(sounds like a rock group..)
by the way, i can tell you've been working out...looks good..!! your not as blue..!!
(its late..long day...what can i say...?)
good job, though...

Most reactions

Back