What's new

#1428

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
.





8142965474_edb6ee7ec0_o.jpg





.
 
Aha, great work again. That is realy something to be framed and hung. Incredibly synthetic, clean composition. All "by the book", and it works.
This is rather more of personal thing; did you try to cut off a bit at the bottom ? I have a feeling, that croping it, where the last horizontal black line is, would add more air to the picture. My feeling is, that the bottom is a bit too heavy, especially, that there is no smooth transition like at the top.
 
Thanks Timor.

I'd have more strongly considered cropping off the bottom as you suggest, if it weren't for the secondary gray band above it. The two shapes are repeated several times in different tones.


Has anyone figured out what created this image?
 
Very nice Bitter, I am really loving the feeling of movement. But I would experiment what was already said about cropping the bottom.
 
Love it!
Hmm... is it the reflection of a window in a window in a window?
 
Bitter Jeweler said:
Thanks Timor.

I'd have more strongly considered cropping off the bottom as you suggest, if it weren't for the secondary gray band above it. The two shapes are repeated several times in different tones.

Has anyone figured out what created this image?

Double exposure?
 
hmmm.. two light sources casting two different shadows for the same object? I think I also see some refraction.
 
I considered losing the bottom when cropping this. I like how the light and the shadows cross that harsh line and hold onto it. Cropping off at the harder line removes stuff I feel is part of the whole. It removes the continuation of important lines to their logical conclusion, rather having the crop cut them at the edge of the frame. Cropping off the bottom would make the image top heavy as well. These are the decisions I made in framing the shot, and the subsequent tightening up in post. Your sensibilities may vary. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, it is multiple light sources through an acrylic, rounded edge display case, projected onto the wall. So it is both casting shadows, and projecting light.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom