What's new

#1539

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 27, 2009
Messages
12,983
Reaction score
5,003
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
.




8215494092_cce2d661dd_o.jpg




.
 
Did you tip the jar, or was it that way when you found it? Is the gravestone suffering from the effects of subsidence, or were you holding your camera at an angle to make it look that way?

I like this very much.
 
I hate to stray from the rest of the fan base on this one Bitter..I have really been enjoying your abstracts lately, but this one just isn't doing it for me.
I think the exposure is right, the point of focus is right, the framing for the jar is right...but I simply CANNOT get over wishing I could read the rest of the headstone. It just bugs me for some reason.
 
Did you tip the jar, or was it that way when you found it? Is the gravestone suffering from the effects of subsidence, or were you holding your camera at an angle to make it look that way?

I like this very much.
I didn't tip the jar, and my camera was "level".
Glad you like it!

Pix Medic, text can be a bugger like that. It really tends to command attention.
I think in this instance, the bit of text provides some context, diminishes the abstractness, and gives a plot line for the viewer to create a story. Without the text, I dong think thus image would have as much impact for most people. But yeah, I agree, text can be tricky.
 
Did you tip the jar, or was it that way when you found it? Is the gravestone suffering from the effects of subsidence, or were you holding your camera at an angle to make it look that way?

I like this very much.
I didn't tip the jar, and my camera was "level".
Glad you like it!

Pix Medic, text can be a bugger like that. It really tends to command attention.
I think in this instance, the bit of text provides some context, diminishes the abstractness, and gives a plot line for the viewer to create a story. Without the text, I dong think thus image would have as much impact for most people. But yeah, I agree, text can be tricky.

It's like selective color; when it doesn't make sense... well, it just doesn't make sense. When done well, it makes the photograph.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom