What's new

16-35mm f/2.8 L ...anyone own one?

My two cents = on my 5DII I got the line-up of 16-35, 24-105, and 70-200 2.8 and I do not use any other lenses (except the 50 and 85 1.4 every once in a while) - all of these are sharper than you'd ever need and the ranges overlap beautifully.

Good luck.

P.S. The 85 1.8 and the 50 1.8 is what I use on a 5DII at one studio I work in and we print huge from that... soooo.... And I must admit, in testing for video the 50 was actually the absolute winner by far.
 
Nice. Is that 50mm the L series as well? I bought a 50mm a couple years back because it was cheap but it has the plastic shell on it and I'm thinking it's probably not as good as the L. Would that be a correct assumption? :)
 
It sounds like they're talking about the the cheap 50mm F1.8 (nifty fifty). The worst thing about this lens is the cheap build quality and the cheap AF system....the glass is actually pretty good.

The next model up is the 50mm F1.4 USM, which is a great lens at a pretty good price. (similar to the 85mm F1.8).

The 50mm F1.2 L, is the 'top of the line' model and is capable of some great image quality, but I've heard from several shooters who won't really like this lens...especially considering it's 4 1/2 times as expensive as the F1.4.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom